[Solved] Is there any way to recover images from an old project?

Hello thunkers !
Im asking this because i lost some of my images (assets) that i used in the past in some project, they are in that project uploaded as assets and id like to save to my computer to use it again in other apps.
I cant do it directly with save as as i do with project`s icon, for example.
Maybe some of @Thunkable_Staff can help me if ill provide project link ? (images must be saved somewhere on thunkable server) :thinking:
Or someone else have already solved this issue ?
Thank you for your time.

1 Like

If you have it as APK, there are many tools to extract images from APK files. If it is a project then your best option is someone from Thunkable to extract it to you.

1 Like

Good point. I can download as .apk if ill need to, as my old project still exists. I asked for help on chat, maybe they will act faster that will take to me to study how to do that :relaxed:
Thank you for your fast response.

1 Like

APK files are in fact ZIP files. Just change the extension to .zip then open it with a zip viewer or even Windows file explorer then you will find your images in one of the folders.
I have not tried it with Thunkable APK but I would first search for a folder with the name of “thunkable” or a short form of it.

Of course, using a tool to extract the images would be faster but you can do it without even using a tool.

2 Likes

Yes, found it… Unfortunatly, for me, on that particular project that i need folder is empty, only app icon is shown and i dont know why, cause in the projects all images are there, on assets section… weird
Tried your advice on other project tho, and it worked. Thank you.

2 Likes

thanks for the awesome information.

1 Like