Is there a way to create your own date format?

Set the date picker’s visible property to false inside of the “when date picked” block.

Sorry, I’m not at my computer so I can’t provide a screenshot. Let me know if you still need help with that.

Hi @tatiang, I accidentally put the “date picker’s visible property to false” block inside the “AddRecLabelBox” (see below) and found that when the date was selected, the Date Picker row disappeared instantly as hoped!!

When I placed “date picker’s visible property to false” inside the “when date picked” block, it took about 2 seconds before the Date Picker row disappeared. I’m guessing that the Block configuration I found by accident acts like a on/off switch. What do you think?

I have also just noticed that, for some reason, after adding the “date picker’s visible property to false” in either of the two abovementioned scenarios, I now no longer receive my “Data Save Successfully” labels.

Many many thanks,

Andos.

2 Likes

So… are you happy with how it works now?

I would have put the visible=false block in the when Date Picked block as I mentioned. Make sure it’s the first block in the event block because you don’t want to wait until after the Google Sheet is updated to then hide that block.

1 Like

Yes, this happens. If the column DATE is formatted as date if Google sheet then it will actually expect a number not a text. If you use the update value but instead of the formatted date you supplied the seconds since 1970 you will get the vibrate because the value will be saved successfully.

Hi @tatiang, I have moved the “visible=false” block as you have just suggested and the Date format works perfectly now! I really don’t know how you guys figure these issues out.

My solved date format below:

Top marks!

Many thanks,

Andos.

1 Like

Hey guys! Check out this project! This project features fully formattable timestamps. Keep you time in seconds (as it really should be) and format it for the user only when needed! AND format in your preferred way! ON THE FLY!
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/61e8895b1943bc0010bf7b86

It allows you to use any formatting string available here

Skys the limit!

1 Like

Very cool!

1 Like

To follow up here

For date inputs we can modify the format

try this block combo, for example

Check out the formatting strings under the Date section

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.