How To Send A Notification On A Particular Time Period

Hello everyone,
So, my father is a Financial Consultant, so there are so many clients and it’s really difficult for him to remind them ALL for renewing their policies. So, I’m making an app that would help all his clients to remind them 1 month before the renewing date and my application will also help them to see how much money they have invested and where they have invested.
WHAT I WANT
When the user select the renewing date, let’s say he/she selected “Annually” and today is 17 July 2021, on 17 June 2022 the user should get a notification to renew his/her policy. As I mentioned, that the user should get the notification before 1 month of the renewing date. This should be done automatically BUT One Signal doesn’t allow us to do that.
IS THERE ANY BLOCK IN THUNKABLE??

Kindly help me to do that

Thank You!

1 Like

You can do that with OneSignal, just see this: Data Tags

2 Likes

@skulamester Thank you so much! Can you send me a sample code :sweat_smile:? Actually, I’m a beginner and I don’t really know a lot about coding and Thunkable Components and Blocks.

You have to add a Data Tag to the user and after that you can use Automated Message. In which one need you help?

Well, this is one way of doing that, but I thought about it and I suggest that you should use the send_after parameter in the Delivery section in your case, as it is easier to set up.

https://documentation.onesignal.com/reference/create-notification

2 Likes

You can use only of the automation tools such as Zapeir or Integromat or IFTTT or any other who will keep watching your data source (ex. Google sheet) and will send email or any other form of reminder.

Another method is to have your app update the Google calendar with a reminder in 11 months and let the calendar app do the work.

1 Like

You’ll need a backend with some automation most likely. I wouldn’t use a push message for something like this.

Maybe integromat running once a week on a list of all users to identify when to send alerts

(I prefer integromat for their pricing scheme)

1 Like

How can I update my app using Google Calendar? I mean, do I have to use it’s API Key? If yes, then can you please send me the API Key Link?

Thank you so much :smiley:!

1 Like

Check this

1 Like

Thank you so much @muneer ! It really helped me & now I can continue making my app without facing any problem :smiley:.

1 Like