How to save images to Google Drive

Hi, everyone.

I am creating an app project that take photos and save them to Google Drive. Unfortunately, I don’t know how to write the code to save photos or images onto Google Drive. My teacher do not allow me to save photos to other cloud except Google Drive. Anyone please help!. Thank you so much.

Best Regards,
Jib

1 Like

I think you can’t do this directly without using a JavaScript plugin nd the webviewer. We don’t have a way to send photos anywhere other than cloudinary with blocks I don’t think.

1 Like

Thank you. I don’t know how to use JavaScript plugin. Could you please advice? Thank you.

@jared @cttricks can you teach me how to use Google Script with Thunkable to save image to Google Drive? Thank you.

You won’t be able to write any script that is executed to send your file directly to the Google Drive using Google Scripps. Instead, what I would use is an automation service like integromat. Then connect cloudinary to gdrive.

2 Likes

Although I have not tried it myself but if you use something like [Drive to Web] to make Google drive look like a web host then just have a simple HTML5/Javascript file with file upload function and view this html file from a web viewer in Thunkable.
It should work.

1 Like

@muneer66 Thank you for your advice. :pray: I will try to figure out how to do it.

1 Like

@jared Thank you so much. I have to learn integromat then.

Check this sample file from w3 site to upload a file

Have fun playing with the code

1 Like

@jared Did you mean I can use integromat to help cloudinary to connect with Google Drive?

1 Like

You should be able to do so!

This could definitely work!!!

1 Like

Ok I will try to do that. I used cloudinary earlier to save images but have never tried Integromat. Thanks again for your great advice! :pray: :pray: :pray:

2 Likes

I finally did it. I used Zapier to connect Cloudinary with Google Drive. Thank you for everyone’s advice.

1 Like