How to read a single record on AirTable and maximum number of screens

Hello and greetings to all.
I developed an app about the history of my city with app Inventor. To extend it to IOS I am considering using Thunkable.
I have doubts and I hope you can help me.

1. In the app I use MySql through PHP scripts that are stored on my web space. I have brought all the tables in my database to Airtable and would like to try using it. I’m doing a test with Thunkable and I had no problem importing a list with all the records in a table. Instead I didn’t understand how to read a single record. Eg in the table the first field is ‘mokey’ and I would like to extract the record in which ‘mokey’ is equal to a certain value.
    I have made several tests but I have not succeeded. How can I do or where to read something to understand how what should be a simple reading?
  2. Does the app on IOSs work well? without any problem?
    Thank you all for the help you will want to give me.

I did some tests but I’m not happy with the results. It takes a few seconds to get the result (that’s only 500 records …). In the version developed with App Inventor (PHP + MySql) the result is very fast.
Is there any other way to search for a record whose value of the first field I know?

Use Airtable’s filterByFormula. It’s going to be way faster.

See this: The AirTable API (a more efficient way to integrate AirTable with Thunkable)

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll do a test today.

The airtable api will always be faster to use. It’s a direct connection to airtable. When Using data blocks, data calls are proxies on a Thunkable server first; then sent to the client. The extra leg in the trip causes delays in getting/posting/editing data. Sure, they’re convenient but they also have drawbacks of use.

Thank you! I did it.
If I use multiple tables, should I create multiple AirTable API objects (one for each table) or set various URLs and parameters each time?

I usually use a single API component and just change the settings as needed using blocks.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.