How to get total items in a column

I would try it ,not on my laptop yet

1 Like

I still don’t know what that means. What is an “item” in a spreadsheet?

1 Like

What I meant by items are whatever they may have stored into the spreadsheet by creating objects from the Thunkable blocking.Images stored and any other text entered .
This is like a Diary or lemme say Journal App

You’re asking for like “number of rows” in the data source right? If so thus should help:
Also link to the documentation: https://docs.thunkable.com/v/drag-and-drop/data-sources

3 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

If I answered your question please click “Solution” on my post, so that the answer appears at the top to help others out :laughing:

1 Like

Am using the stp version of the Thunkable

That block is also there in stp

1 Like

Can’t find it yet,or I rather do that through the data source feature

Thanks

Can I get total value of a columns from more than one base in spreadsheet and output in a single label?

Yea , you’re right,it only returns as text

Still can’t find it

If you link your project we might be able to help better. It’s hard to see what you’re seeing.

1 Like

upon rereading your request it seems like you wish to get the NUMBER OF ITEMS in a column (instead of the sum), i would suggest this block:

however if you need the SUM of all the items in a column that happen to be text, use this function:

and use this block instead:

2 Likes

Yes, you will not find it. You are using StP and connecting to Aitrable using the Airtable component but @zander is talking about the blocks that you will only see once you connect your table using the Data Source option in the bottom of the component tree.

2 Likes

Yea,but I would still go with the provided option first

2 Likes

Use this

[Update]
This will give you number of items (rows). If you want a running total of all item values let me know to share the codes.

3 Likes

i forgot to mention that the base records for multiple user,so therefore if am getting total number of a row,it will be a current user

1 Like

Check this post out. If might be exactly what you are looking for.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.