How to get total items in a column

Am wandering if there is a way to calculate and get the total number of items entered in a column in Airtable Spreadsheet?
Just like getting a total number of object created in a column.

Thanks for your support

1 Like

have you tried this (untested)?

2 Likes

Thank you I will try it out

If the column values are retrieved as numbers then the blocks of @manyone will work. If in the other hand, the values are being retrieved as text, these blocks will not solve the issue.

1 Like

What exactly are you wanting to count? Is it the number of rows? If not, can you give an example of what the data looks like and the value you would expect that data to have for the “total items” in that column?

2 Likes

I want users to know the total number of items that they save to the spreadsheet…

1 Like

Would this block suit your needs?

3 Likes

I would try it ,not on my laptop yet

1 Like

I still don’t know what that means. What is an “item” in a spreadsheet?

1 Like

What I meant by items are whatever they may have stored into the spreadsheet by creating objects from the Thunkable blocking.Images stored and any other text entered .
This is like a Diary or lemme say Journal App

You’re asking for like “number of rows” in the data source right? If so thus should help:
Also link to the documentation: https://docs.thunkable.com/v/drag-and-drop/data-sources

3 Likes

Thanks

1 Like

If I answered your question please click “Solution” on my post, so that the answer appears at the top to help others out :laughing:

1 Like

Am using the stp version of the Thunkable

That block is also there in stp

1 Like

Can’t find it yet,or I rather do that through the data source feature

Thanks

Can I get total value of a columns from more than one base in spreadsheet and output in a single label?

Yea , you’re right,it only returns as text

Still can’t find it

If you link your project we might be able to help better. It’s hard to see what you’re seeing.

1 Like