How to allow users to create posts to share with others

Hello,

I am trying to create an app that allows users to submit school notes for others to see. I have a screen with the textboxes and a button for the user to type and submit their notes, although I am not sure how to take the information the user submits, put it in the database, and allow other users to see on another screen.

I hope I made myself clear, if not please tell me where to elaborate :smile:

Thank you for your time!

You can try the airtable component.

Iā€™ve dragged it onto my designer, how should I make the magic happen?

Start with research. Lookup airtable tutorials for Thunkable. You only have 13 minutes read on here. You gotta do some more work on your own.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for your help!

Iā€™d like to know how you are able to have a feed of this. Iā€™m doing something similar (I need posts to be uploaded and whatnot). I know Airtableā€™s functionalities, but I canā€™t figure out how to make it a feed and have ā€œinfiniteā€ content. To the extent of my knowledge, Thunkable cannot create components to have data on. How are you doing it?
Thanks for reading!

At the home page of this site, on the bottom right on your screen (for PC users, not sure if itā€™s different on mobile) thereā€™s a ā€œ+ā€ symbol, that is how you are able to start a forum/discussion.

I hope this is the answer you are looking for :slight_smile:

It wasnā€™t but donā€™t worry. I mean on the app. I want people to be able to upload on there, but I donā€™t really know how to make a feed of content. You could put labels and then change their content once someone uploads, but thatā€™s a limited amount of content. I want there to be a lot of content (technically everything people upload), but I donā€™t know how. Do you have any ideas? If you donā€™t understand what Iā€™m saying, maybe you could explain your app? I really donā€™t know. Iā€™m kinda stuck right now.

Sorry 'bout that hehe

That is very similar to what I am looking forward to do on my app. If I ever figure it out I will definitely tell you.

Woo! Honestly, Iā€™m looking to do a list view thing with spreadsheet, but it is really confusing because I donā€™t know how to make the most recent things pop up first. I do have a part with a spreadsheet and list view so if you want to see how to link that up, I recommend looking at the documentation for spreadsheet. Thatā€™s super useful. I guess weā€™ll have fun together! Also, for customized list view, you can look at the ā€œCustomizing List Viewerā€ thread. Currently trying to figure that out too. Could be helpful! I donā€™t know!
Have fun!