How do you get the address using the location sensor?

Hi there,

I want to use the location sensor to display the user’s address. For example: Example Road 1b, 12345 City

Because with “location” i only get "[Object object]
Latitude and longitude works fine.

Thanks in advance.

Hi, use Google geocodind and reverse geocoding api.

2 Likes

L2on,

This is not an answer to your question but will help you understand actech’s comment. Watch this video out of a very good series of examples. It will give you some insight into location - Its a list of objects.
Get used to objects as they are your friend and save you a lot of coding.

1 Like

Hello @actech, i need some help. I’m working on an app that is a combination of a chatting app, and a maps app. While i’ve got the chat part covered, I was wondering how would you get an address of a place according to its latitude and longitude. So i heard about this web api and went to the thunkable documentation and saw that you can retrieve data from a website and display it on your app, but that didn’t help. What i did understand was it could reduce the amt. of code you insert in your app. Can you give me a link to the reverse geocoding api? Since i’m a beginner when it comes to web api’s can you also send me a pic of the blocks if it’s not too much, so that it can display an address on a text whenever you click a position on the map.

Thanks A trillion @actech

an you give me a link to the reverse geocoding api?

Hi, are you looking for this? - Overview  |  Geocoding API  |  Google Developers

Thanks @actech. Unfortunately I’ve already visited this website. I’m a COMPLETE beginner in api’s and maps. so, even if i get all the info i need, i wont be able to put it in the app. So basically, I dont know what to do with api’s, until someone just told me you can retrieve information out of it, and I was like 'oh. kinda like a table or a database. In the description of a youtube video, that guy sent a link to a list of api’s so checked it out. there were different variation and I didnt know what to choose. Since I’m a beginner and all, during experimenting with map blocks, I came across
‘On Map Click (deprecated)’
and
‘On Map Long Click (deprecated)’
?
HUH
?
I’m VERY confused.

i guess you need to do a search see this - Reverse Geocoding App - Get Location from Latitude/Longitude
also - Geolocation API with Opencage Data (NEW!)

Thanks @luv.ak.tech It really helped!
These are the blocks that I added into the project

1 Like