How do I create a URL list under one button which you click on to see the URL list?

Hello Everyone,

Is there any way to create a URL list hidden under a button which you click to see the list? I’m trying to create an app that would list all the best kitchen and bath design shops in the US, so the screen would have buttons with names of states which users are supposed to click to see the list of the best kitchen and bath design shops in each state.

I was able to do the same exact thing with App Inventor BUT Thunkable is missing a very critical and important component called ACTIVITY STARTER and in AI it was the activity starter that would allow buttons to be clicked to show the list of the best kitchen and bath design shops

PLEASE ADVISE. THANKS EVERYONE IN ADVANCE AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES!!

1 Like

Welcome to thunkable! Just for clarification, are the URL’s to be retrieved from a database/api?

For my response here I am assuming that there is one list/array with all the links and other information. The data structure I’ll use is:

"state-1": {
               "shop-name":"link",
               "shop-name":"link"
         },
"state-2": {
               "shop-name":"link",
               "shop-name":"link"
         }

My suggestion would be to make a list viewer and a list variable. The list variable in my opinion just helps reduce the load and time spent for multiple API/Database requests. You can have the list viewer as hidden, and then retrieve all data and store it as is in the list, then use any componenet to create the buttons (e.g for each item j... get substring in j from first letter to first occurence of (: - 1) ) and then create a button with text = j without the quotation marks.

Then when someone clicks the button, the listviewer is empited and then populated with the links pertaining to to the state in question, then made visible. Can we see a sample of your data structure (dummy data works perfectly fine)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.