How can I hide data in data viewer?

Hi,
I’m having a bit of trouble with the data viewer. I don’t want it to display all the data, just the data for the selected rows.
I would like it to remain invisible until the data is selected. However, whenever i make it visible, it proceeds to show me all the data. I know for sure that the row selection mechanism is working as I’m able to change the background colour for the data selected.
I’m wondering how I can make it only display the data i select
Thanks in advance

You need a loop here:

Because you’ve asked Thunkable to hide the Title and Description for a list but that’s not possible. You can only change the property of one component at a time. So you need to loop through the IDs like you do below that and hide each component using a variable for the row id (e.g. j).

Thanks for that! This worked to make the layout wrapper invisible when screen opens. However, when the rows are selected, I am not being able to make the selected rows visible.

The row selection mechanism definitely works as I was able to change color of selected rows before.

I didn’t want to solve it this way, but I created a new data source “selected”. The selected rows copy to it, and the Data Viewer displays the rows.
I’m not sure if that’s the most elegant solution, but that’s the only way I could get it working.