Help building a sign-up screen

Hey guys I am Student so i needed some help . I want edit my app in signs up in way such that when a person sign up in my app he has to select a user whether he is a covid patient or a covid warrior and according to that the app takes them to that page and the user they select would be the same for the future . I also need a login page but it should not contain the user selection . I am a student sir so I am not able the code for that .

1 Like

Welcome to Thunkable!

I’m going to move your post over to Thunkable Discuss, since I’m assuming you intend to write your app in Thunkable X, the current version of Thunkable, not the retired Thunkable Classic.

I don’t do students’ homework in response to posted specifications. If you’re stuck, please post what you’ve tried so far (block screenshots are always a good idea) and a specific question you need help with.

There’s pretty good documentation on doing sign-ups with Firebase. That might be a good place to start: Email Sign In by Firebase - Thunkable Docs or Email Sign In by Firebase - Thunkable Docs depending on which version of the interfact you’re using.

There’s also a great tutorial, sample code, and discussion here: Sign In Masterpost - #2 by jane

3 Likes

(Thunkable)

this is the link I am not able to undestand on how should I code this thing : "when a person sign up in my app he has to select a user whether he is a covid patient or a covid warrior and according to that the app takes them to that page and the user they select would be the same for the future . I also need a login page but it should not contain the user selection "

1 Like

OK, so you’ve copied the sample project and added two blank screens.

Does the person sign up first, then get asked if patient or warrior? Or do they get asked first, then sign up?

You could store their answer in Firebase (once they’re signed in), or as a stored variable (before or after sign-in).

Either way, that sounds pretty doable. Take a look at the existing sign-in page - you’ll see it has some “navigate to” blocks - you’d change that to whatever page you want it to go to next.

2 Likes

When the person signs up he has to chose whether he is a covid patient or a covid Warrior . Like the selection of covid warrior or patient should be in the same page of the signup page

Screenshot 2021-07-12 090424

For once i have written CW as Covid Warrior and cp as covid patient , so I need a sign up page almost like this

Great. Sounds like you’ve figured out what the layout should look like. Where are you stuck?

1 Like

I am stuck at the coding part I am not able to understand how to code it out .

What have you tried?

1 Like

I am not able to understand what code should I use I tried to understand Few code that I thought I could use but it did not work out therefore I asked help from the community so that I could get Some help

I won’t write your app for you. Show what you’ve done so far (even if it doesn’t work).

1 Like

Leave Now I have just thought of a whole different idea which is currently working very well so thank you for helping me anyway