It a national holiday in Ireland today…

Here’s what Google looks like in Ireland, UK, Australia and Japan today:

https://www.google.ie/search?q=St.+Patrick's+Day

Did I miss any other countries?

Anyway,
Lá Fhéile Pádraig Sona Daoibh :shamrock:

15 Likes

5 Likes

Happy Paddy Day @domhnallohanlon !!! Thanks for bringing Irish representation to Thunkable:)

8 Likes

what does it mean? I wondered

It’s supposed to be skellig Michael, an island off​ the coast of Kerry.

It’s come to international attention in recent years because bits of the latest Star Wars trilogy were filmed there, but people have been visiting and living there for more than 1,000 years.

We’ll worth a quick image search at the very least! :smile:

5 Likes

Wow, that was a quick two years!

Happy St Patrick’s day to all Thunkers, wherever you are in the world.

Fun Fact: Tom Rowan and his team have been dyeing the Chicago River green as part of the St Patrick’s weekend festivities for the past 56 years!

2 Likes

Happy Paddy’s Day to everyone in the Thunkable community.

This year Google went for a rural/costal themed doodle:

And all over the world famous monuments are going green to commemorate the day.

Does anyone here live near any of these monuments?

Also, if you’re at a loose end the Times have a “Test Your Irishness” quiz this morning:

8 Likes

Happy St. Patrick’s day 2020 to Thunkers all over the world.

Although celebrations are much more muted this year than usual, here are some other countries that typically mark the occasion too:

4 Likes

St. Patricks day to remember @domhnallohanlon

4 Likes

Keeping up my annual tradition of wishing all our Thunkers and @Power_Thunkers a safe and happy St Patrick’s Day :shamrock:

(Next year I’ll have to find a way to turn the community green to celebrate the occasion! :joy:)

We don’t have any parades here this year, but there will lots of great music and poetry and dancing available online for people to enjoy around the world!

Beir bua agus beannacht!

11 Likes

Happy St Patrick’s day for you and all the Thunkers staff and members.

5 Likes

Thanks @muneer !!

3 Likes

Delighted to be celebrating my 6th Paddy’s Day in this wonderful community!

If you’re ever in Dublin you have to check out the parade!!

5 Likes

That parade looks awesome! Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

2 Likes

2023 marks 100 years since the formation of the Irish government and 50 years since Ireland joined (the forerunner to) the EU but the tradition of celebrating St Patrick’s Day goes back many centuries before this.

The first New York parade in 1762 even pre-dates the Declaration of Independence by 14 years!

While it probably won’t end up in any history books I’m extremely grateful to be marking my 7th Paddy’s Day as a member of this wonderful community and thankful for everyone in this knowledgeable and supportive group!

Go raibh míle maith agaibh

2 Likes

Happy Paddy’s day everyone! @domhnallohanlon I’m sure the whole city’s looking colorful over there today :star_struck: :shamrock:

2 Likes

A lot of things have changed in my life since 2017, but so delighted to be wishing you all another Happy St Patrick’s day for the 8th time - time really flies when you’re having fun!!

2 Likes