Google Sheets data source doesn't update every time

@tatiang @creativeland I wanted to chime in here as we’ve just finished lots of discussions and feedback about these get value and get row object blocks. This gets brought up quite often and, as Tatian noted above, has long been tagged as a “bug” on the platform.

The original intention for these blocks was to only retrieve the value of the data when the app opens. They are not intended to refresh the database each time the block is called. The reason they display the cached data is that removing it would likely cause creators to hit their rate limits on cloud services. That is something we do not want.

In short, the way those two blocks won’t change.

But, we do need to fix something here and offer a solution to this issue. I think we can do is offer a way for that data to be refreshed, similar to the call Refresh Data block that we have available with our Data Viewers.

Would something like this make sense to do? As part of the Creator Success team, I am your advocate here and want Thunkable to work based on what our users are trying to achieve. Please offer your feedback here, I promise it will be shared.

Thanks, all!

5 Likes