Refresh Google Sheet Data Source while the app is open

Hi, I have a problem that when I use data from a data source (google sheet) without displaying through the data viewer, the data will not update when data change occurs. The app must be closed and then restarted for updates.

What can I do?

Thank you

1 Like

Can you show your blocks? What are you doing that you expect the values to update?

I still can’t create a block,
I want to do it: loop data from the data source to filter and store it in the local data source to display in the data viewer.

If you’ll show what you’ve tried, we’ll help you debug it. :slight_smile:

This issue was reported to Thunkable team and they are working in a fix.

See this post

hey muneer
can you solve my problem ??
please
its urgent

1 Like

We are all waiting to get a fix from the development team.

However, I made few attempts and saw that if you use “RetRow” and read the columns in the “row” you will get updated contents. You can try this is you cannot wait for the fix from Thunkable.

HEY Muneer
I WANT TO KNOW HOW CAN WE MAKE A CODE FOR MY COMPANY
FOR EG THERE IS A COMPANY NAMED XYZ WHICH DELIVERS GROCERIES ONLINE. A CUSTOMER PLACES AN ORDER ON THE APP SO HOW WILL THE PERSON AT THE STORE KNOW THAT WHAT TO DELIVER AND TO WHOM?
Please answer
very urgent

1 Like

@muneer
I have seen the problem report. I’m looking forward to a solution to the problem.

If it’s not too much of a hassle, I’d like to ask @muneer to explain the RetRow method.
In case it might solve my problem

@catsarisky @muneer thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

please @muneer can you clarify on the RetRow please?

1 Like

There seems to be a problem with the Get value block taking the values from cached source but the Get row object seems to have the updated values

Using this method you will get all columns then you need to use the object properties to retrieve the required column.

1 Like