Getting elements from a list within a list

Hi,

I have been trying for a little while to extract the elements of a list within a list and populate 4 different text boxes. Now I can do this with no problems using 4 separate lists and going through each one by using the same index number, but I am wondering if there is a better way to do this?

As you can see from this image, I can get it to work, but I think the bottom list structure is easier to maintain, but I cannot figure out how to extract the elements from the second list.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Paul

Is there a reason you’re wanting to use a list of lists when you should be using a data source instead?

If you decide to stick with lists – which are a pain to use in the way you’re choosing to use them – then you would replace the app variable solution_questions_val0 block with another in list block that gets #1 of app variable solution_questions_combined (and do that for each label’s text).

Hi Tatiang,

A couple of reasons.

1. I am trying to avoid as much internet connection as possible to reduce lag in the app
  2. I don’t have that many questions.

Do you think a datasource would be better, as I have not looked at that as an option. Would it make the above task easier you think?

Thank you,

Paul

A local data source would make the process 100x easier. I can’t imagine trying to do that with lists. A local data source doesn’t need an Internet connection. The data is stored directly on the device and accessed from there.

In my opinion, it’s worth the time to learn how to do this properly. It will teach you a lot about Thunkable and about programming in general that will be applicable later on.

Start here:

Thanks Tatiang,

I will take a look at the video and try to improve my skills.

Appreciate it.

Thank you