Games Wallpapers - My first app using Thunkable

Hi thunkers,

Games Wallpapers is my first app created with Thunkable, i encountered many problems like Out of memory when i load many wallpapers with ColinTreeSlideshow extension and many others problems but solved with your help thank you very much to all thunkers.

I am waiting for your feedback about the app and if you have any question or any idea to help improve it please feel free to tell me.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hicham_mej.GamesWallpapers

What’s new in update 1.9:

• Banner behind navigation bar fixed. (Thanks to @Boban_Stojmenovic)
  • French and Hindi language added.
  • More wallpapers added.
  • Many improvements and bugs fixed.
    ! If you have any problem with this update please feel free to tell me !
    And don’t forget to leave a review on Google Play.
    Have a nice time.
5 Likes

Hi thunkers,

New version has been released with some bug fixed and more wallpapers added but the problem of the app not closed properly not yet solved if anybody has the solution please help.

I will be happy if you leave your feedback about the app.
Thanks

Watch the video, you can clearly see that you somhow open the Wallpaper screen twice and causes it to crash for me…

Upload images of the related blocks on how you opening and closing screens.

/Boban

1 Like

Hi @Boban_Stojmenovic,
Thank you very much for trying to help me :smile:

Thanks

What I can see you have two timers on Screen1 however, I don’t know what the other one is doing.

But anyway make sure you turn off the Timer and Timer Always Fires before you switch to the next Screen same on Screen2 when you close the app.

bild

And as I mentioned use close screen instead of close application on Screen2

Btw, you may increase the timer to 2000 on Screen1 and see what happens

/Boban

1 Like

Hi @Boban_Stojmenovic,
I have tried all your solutions but the problem not solved.
I used two timers one for the loading animation and other to close the screen.

With this, the app close and i can reopen it without any problem but when try to reopen it the 4th time the app crashed :dizzy_face: because in fact did not closed!! :thinking:

The problem still not solve :frowning_face:
Thank you @Boban_Stojmenovic for your time.

It’s because of memory buildup i your app, since I only had the latest version from play store to test with I could see how your app increased in memory and crashes, from 100MB to 450MB.

On Samsung S3 with Android 4.3 I can’t even start the app and I get this

at android.graphics.Bitmap.nativeCreate(Native Method)
at android.graphics.Bitmap.createBitmap(Bitmap.java:726)
at android.graphics.Bitmap.createBitmap(Bitmap.java:703)
at android.graphics.Bitmap.createBitmap(Bitmap.java:636)
at android.graphics.Bitmap.createScaledBitmap(Bitmap.java:516)
at com.google.appinventor.components.runtime.util.MediaUtil$2.run(MediaUtil.java:476)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:841)

Btw, I doubt anyone will start your app multiple times in a row however, you need to fix memory issue…

/Boban

1 Like
When Clock1.Timer
    close application

Maybe this will help. @hichamej

1 Like

Hi,

The app has been updated with the component Close Application to avoid OutOfMemory issue resulting from the use of Close Screen component.

Thank you @Boban_Stojmenovic, @Kanishka_Developer

1 Like

You still have this issue in v1.3…

On newer device it opens and closes immediately, but on older device like my Samsung S3 then it crashes.

/Boban

2 Likes

Hi @Boban_Stojmenovic,
Thank you very much for your feedback.
The app has been updated to version 1.4 with just one screen and now it’s working fine without exit problem and i hope the OutOfMemory fixed too with older devices.
Thanks again @Boban_Stojmenovic :+1:

Considering that it’s over 70%+ of phones that have NavigationBar there is something you have not thought of.

20180617_164130

As you can see, I’m unable to see your Ad-Banner.

Reducing even more memory is to use one image and not two as you do it right now, just for fun I have made a replica of your app just to show you how you can do this.

Btw, I will send it to you as soon as I get home…

1 Like

Great app

1. How did you create blur background for every wallpaper?
  2. Where did you store your wallpapers?
1 Like

Sent…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

/Boban

1 Like

Hi @Boban_Stojmenovic,

Thank you very much for your and sorry for my late reply :sweat_smile:
I have received your replica of the app, it is very helpful for me. :grinning:
I wasn’t think that exist an extension to add a blur effect to images. :heart_eyes: thanks to @Mika [Free] Image Editor Extension - No internet connection required! :)
I have make many changes to my app because of your replica, and the app new update 1.8 has been released.
Thank you again @Boban_Stojmenovic and have a nice time :wink:

1 Like

Hi @imGurjot,

1- Yes i was create blur background for every wallpaper but with the help of @Boban_Stojmenovic with @Mika’s extension [Free] Image Editor Extension - No internet connection required! :)
2- I store the wallpapers in a VPS server.

:wink:

1 Like