From today rowID not work in "Create a local data source"

Sure, @steven :
Yes, everything works fine on Thunkable Live in both iOS and Android. It also works fine on Android when built (No bugs on android).
None of the images are not working on iOS when built (Bug on iOS).

Thanks for clarifying. I’ll poke around and see if we can figure out what is going on.

Thank you, @Steven
I have a near deadline I hope things get solved soon

I believe this should be fixed now. Please try building again and let me know if you still run into the same issue.

The short explanation is that there is a problem with the new version of the program that builds the apps and one of our server automatically updated the program. You happened to be unlucky and got that server to build your app. I’ve turned it off while we work on resolving the issue so you should now get a server with the old, working version.

Thank you, I will re-build my app and let you know

@Steven My app is now working correctly. Thank you so much

1 Like

@Steven the images’ issue is happening again. Could you please do what you’ve done before?

Hm, that shouldn’t be possible. Did you rebuild the app again? It’s the exact same issue?

Sorry for the late reply. Yes it is the exact same issue, I am going to rebuild the app again and I’ll tell you the result

@Steven I have rebuilder the app, the same issue is happening again

That isn’t good. I’ll have to check on the servers again. It might be that the updated one got reactivated somehow or that another server updated itself automatically. Sorry that this has been a pain point for you!

1 Like

Thank you! I‘ll patiently wait for your reply

Yeah it seems like the server restarted at some point which is terrible because I’m sure there are other people like you who had their builds completed on that server. I’ve stopped it again and will be watching it to make sure it doesn’t restart. You should be good to build again as the other servers should still be running and won’t have the same problem.

1 Like

Thank you! I’ll try to build my app again

Thank you! It is working now

1 Like

Hi @Steven,

I think the new blocks for data sources work perfectly. May I ask if thunkable decided to add a column for the row ID to the local database, like this?

grafik

It would be helpful at least for me.

1 Like

It is on the way soon!

4 Likes

I saw it and was happily surprised. Now we just need the row# and we’re all set. :slight_smile:

Hi @Steven, I have an urgent problem related with local data sources and the maps component.

In my apps it seems that the maps-component slows down extremely when I use a local data source. The strange thing is that the “addMarkers” block is not connected to the values of the local data source. Maybe it’s just me but on my iPhone7 I get a delay of approx. 8 seconds for displaying 20 markers at random locations. I opened an issue #702 on github on october 13 - nobody responded until today. I discussed it with @jane for a week now and we got stuck and found no solution, so please help! I hope it is only an error on my side.

I made a simple app to show this behaviour. Please note:

• it consists of only one screen with two columns displayed alternately. Each time you press the button “show map” it deletes all markers and places 20 new markers at random positions.
  • on my iPhone 7 it takes approx. 8 seconds to display them, on my samsung A40 approx. 7 seconds. The more markers we have the longer it takes.
  • in column #1 is a data viewer list, which is connected to the local data source (with 3 entries). Just remix my app and delete the “data viewer list”. Now it takes a fraction of a second to display the 20 markers. Please note, I don’t use the values from the local data source, the markers are placed at random places!
  • insert a “data viewer list” again and connect it with the local data source - now we get the slow down again.

Is it just me or can you prove this behaviour? If you can see it then either I have made a mistake in using the map component or there is an error inside of thunkable. In both cases I need help. Adding a google API key for maps didn’t help.

The project link:

1 Like

No idea what is going on there but I was able to reproduce to a degree. I’ll take a look and get back to you.

1 Like