Filter Data in List View

Hi, I’m new at Thunkable…i was stuck at this problem where I want to filter list viewer. The data for the list viewer is taken from airtable spreadsheet, which has 3 columns:-
Srno, “Product Name”, and “Colour”. Both "Product Name " and "Colour " are list viewer, So I have multiple colors for same product, I want to show unique records for “Product Name”, and when i select any product from “Prouduct Name” list viewer, then color associated wtih that product should be displayed in “Colour” list box.

2 Likes

Welcome to Thunkable.

Please show your work so other members can correct your code or give advices of what you should do.

1 Like

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/c6b56ce469c119d6c2f15f2f92e1729a

Here is my project.!!!

2 Likes

Will you be willing to share the Airtable tables / base so I can run your project and see what is the issue with your code.

When you share a project in Thunkable, the Data Sources are not shared with it. This is to protect your data.

1 Like

How can I share it??

1 Like

When you open your base in Airtable, you will have a share button

1 Like
2 Likes

I made few changes to the code blocks and to your form.

Check it here
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/61b5b407f599440011032e0c

[Note]

The create row block, I left it empty so you can fill it after you check the form.

2 Likes

it’s still showing multiple colors for bahubali when it should show only one - rani. i think it’s because the color list is preloaded with full colors at screen open - OR maybe the list viewer should refreshed to point to the selective/filered list at product click time.

3 Likes

Each product has multiple colors but I can see changes whenever a different product is selected.

1 Panetar Rani
2 Panetar Red
3 Panetar Rama
4 Panetar Tomato
5 Panetar Gajri
6 Panetar Navy Blue
7 Panetar Pista
8 Panetar Firozi
9 Panetar Mustard
10 Panetar Fanta
11 Panetar White
12 Panetar Grey
13 Panetar Chikoo
14 Vichitra Check Jambli
15 Vichitra Check Pista
16 Vichitra Check Blue
17 Vichitra Check Grey
18 Vichitra Check Uniform
19 Vichitra Check Fanta
20 Vichitra Check Rubain
21 Vichitra Check Rani
22 Vichitra Check Chikoo
23 Bahubali Rani

This is the list in the table.

You can check if you choose Bahubali which had a single color. Then change to another product and see the list repopulated.

I made a small change to make it more apparent. Now, every time you select a product, the color label will show Select colour .

3 Likes

Thank you so much!!! IT was a great Help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can I select multiple color from the list box?

1 Like

By default, the List Viewer is a single select component. You will need to create a function to make multiselection.

Check this example
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/603fe31c6b9fa20011d0afcd

1 Like

Hey! Sorry but I just checked my data base after filling out the form, all products are getting displayed even after selecting one product. Color is getting displayed as selected.

1 Like

I’m not sure I understand what you are trying to explain.
Can you explain in more details or share an image of what you are getting?

1 Like

From the record, it seems you have used this in the create row block
This will give the available list items in full.

You should use these instead
This will give you the selected item from the list.

2 Likes

Thanks! I liked your teaching. I would like to learn more from you. Can you teach me. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your nice comments.

Whenever, you have a question, you can post it in the community forum and the community members are very helpful. Either I or someone else will answer you. We are here to help each other.

1 Like

Sorry for the ignorance, but the check how do you make it appear?

1 Like