[FEEDBACK NEEDED] Drag and Drop (DnD) vs. Snap to Place (StP)

hi, do you know when there will be blocks of bases, lists and views in the data viewer list?

Please consider adding a comment to this feature request:

these are availible maybe your team hasa suprise

1 Like

Will the My Screens feature be added soon?

I have a plethora of screens I have created using StP. I’m not too thrilled about having to recreate them for DnD, but I was going to knock a couple of the frequently used ones out of the way when I discovered that there isn’t a feature to save a screen to My Screens in the DnD UI. This feature has saved me more time over anything else.

Thanks.

4 Likes

How can I design on dnd and then continue the blocking and more on the stp platform

1 Like

Once you start in DnD you can not go back. If you decide to continue in StP then you have to start from scratch in StP.

2 Likes

Personally , DnD is so flexible ,StP is basically a torture . And what i want to see in DnD is Custom Data Viewer,Grid Layout

2 Likes

You can design a custom data viewer layout in StP and then load it into a DnD project.

4 Likes

There is still some limitations to this to be aware of.

For example, in DnD you cannot bind a labels visible property to your data sources values, however in StP you can.

this limits the ability to display dynamic elements in the list viewer which is definitely something i want to be able to do. It would be nice to be able to dynamically modify or bind any element to any piece of data in the datasource.

2 Likes

Check this,
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/6182dddab8ae1a001142ac60

I’m changing the visibility of the “row” in the Data Viewer based on the search field selection.

ahh… thank you for this.

However, what i am referencing is the idea that within a single row of the data list viewer, I may have 3 versions of the row based on the actual data source.

an easy example is the todo app I shared recently. In this there are 2 labels in each row. one has crossed out text, the other doesnt. i want to show only the crossed out or the non-crossed out text based on a field called crossedOut or notCrossedOut in the data table. I don’t want both to be visible.

I bind the visible property to a the crossedOut field. if crossedOut holds the value true, the crossed out text label is visible. if not, it’s invisible and the other will be seen.

1 Like

I got what you mean but as a workaround you can loop through the record and decide what to show and what to hide just the same way I do it.

The advanced properties of the Data Viewer is not that powerful. Last time I tried to change the height of a label based on the value of a column in my table but it doesn’t seem to work.

I also tried having a button in the Data Viewer so I can select / deselect a certain product in the list but that did not work either.

1 Like

That makes sense. I feel this is a decent workaround for now. I was trying to avoid that myself but is exactly what I did when I was cloning elements for a DIY “datalist Viewer”.

Keep an eye on it for improvements over time!

This part definitely works for me! Maybe we can collaborate sometime and try to work it out?!

1 Like

This was my last encounter with custom DVL

It might have been fixed since then.

Sure, That would be nice to try to produce something together.

1 Like

Is the snap to place going to be fazed out completely at some point? If so would be helpful to know when this is likely to happenand some other details, for users like myself who are working on this interface.

1 Like

Yes, I believe that’s the plan. I’m not sure about the timeline. About 95% of my projects are in the Snap to Place interface so I’d be pretty devastated if it happened any time soon.

2 Likes

How??

… you don’t have to be as @domhnallohanlon said that when DnD will be implemented, we will have option to convert all StP projects to DnD :innocent:

3 Likes

Hi! I have come across this post as my team is running into a problem where they have created screens using DnD and realized afterwards that they cannot be saved and moved to their primary project. Other than recreating the screens entirely within the project, is there any resolutions or work arounds to the DnD inability to save and import screens? Is there a way to change from DnD to StP? Thank you!

Hi @christine.montgomery,

Just to clarify here, was the issue that some students were working in DnD while others were working in StP and the two project types are incompatible?

With your current plan you have access to the Save Screen functionality.

EDIT:

Scratch that, I think I had you confused with someone else. Save screen functionality isn’t available on the Free plan - let me know if you’d like to set up a quick call to discuss your team’s needs and the plans we have available.