Dynamic font size or override phone font size

Hi

I have been reading many questions about font sizes and trying to fit them correctly into input and text labels but there does not seem to be any answers or methods to do this. It does not relate to screen size.

The reason is that i have someone who is testing my app but they have their font size very large and it completely breaks the look of the app as follows.

Is there a way of stopping this so that this does not happen as it does not break the screens on her other apps using the larger font size set by the phone. On my test phone my font is around average size setting and has no problems.

Thank you

Paul

@thorntonp72l3 Thanks for reaching out about this. I did a few tests with the system settings and changing the font size. The issue here will be that this is done at a system level and not to the app itself–if you’re using 18pt font, it will register as that whether you choose a large font display or small font display in the OS settings. This makes using logic to account for a user’s font size preference impossible.

Your best bet for now, if you think your app will have many users who are adjusting these display settings, will be to try and use a design that can accommodate any of these adjustments.

Hi Matt,

Yes this is what I am doing now. I have to setup a slider which will set a “font size” choice, small, med and large, which needs to assign a whole bunch of values to a whole bunch of variables, which needs to get assigned every time a page loads.

Very cumbersome and a lot of extra code, for which I thought could possibly be easier. I will add this to a theme function I am building.

Thanks for the response.

Paul