Displaying videos from Youtube without Branding

Hi, Hopefully someone knows a simple way around this :crossed_fingers:

I have seen apps displaying the youTube videos without the Branding (The Red YouTube logo from the Image). But I haven’t had any success implementing it. What I want to see is a custom image and on single click, ability to start the youTube video [With or without the Web Viewer] but within the App. If anyone have achieved this and can share any pointers, I would be very grateful.

I have seen many similar topics, but none solved, suggesting it will come in handy for many.

How do you know the other apps do not have a YouTube-branded thumbnail? Could they be using videos hosted elsewhere (not YouTube)?

What is an example of an app and a YouTube video url that appears in the app without the thumbnail branding?

Here is one example. App: Gurudev. It was easy to spot they were youtube and I tried to click on the top right arrow that appeared and it led me straight to YouTube short videos. There are also, 3 vertical dots that showed up like for youtube videos at the start. I will keep a screen shot for today.

I have a feeling they use embedded HTML for that, especially to get the “More shorts” scrolling bar. Thunkable doesn’t support that. The closest you can get is setting a Web Viewer’s url to the url inside the embed code in a YouTube short:

Then the thumbnail looks like this on an iPhone 13 Pro:

So it’s still branded.

1 Like

Thank you for ruling that out. I used embed code, but app is rejected with the screenshot of the videos page. They didn’t give too much explanation, but advised to redesign.

I did find a better option. If you create a Playlist of shorts in your YouTube account, you can set the Web Viewer’s url to the playlist url. That looks like this on an iPhone 13 Pro:

Thank you for sharing this… its a good one. I would not have attempted to try with shorts.

Have you tried timestamp or time where the video starts in your YouTube URL that might work. I haven’t tested but thought that might something you want to try

1 Like

It did not work, but nice suggestion, thank you!