Disabling multiple objects

Hi,
is it possible to disable a group of objects inside a column or a row?
I mean:
I have a column with some text inputs and buttons inside.
Basing on the status of a flag I want them to be enabled or diasbled (better if grayed out), but always visible.
I know I can hide them using the visible property of the column, But when I want them disabled, is beacuse I want to allow the user to see values but not to change them and I don’t want to change their status one by one.
thank you!

1 Like

Both buttons and text inputs have a disabled setting that you can set. To set everything in a row or column to disabled, I suggest using the any components to loop through them.

1 Like

…oook…another workaround :slight_smile:
I would like to maitain them in the same main column 'cause I’m using a remove function inside it.
The remove function is not recursive is it?
I mean If I tell it to remove all lisviewer inside a column, Does it remove even a listviewer inside a column that is inside that column?

1 Like

If you’re using an any component block “all ____ in _____”, yes, it’ll get the nested ones, so you might need some logic. You can work around this by getting the list of listviewers in a column and then removing just the second list item, for instance.

I’m not I’d call my suggestion a workaround - it was a way to quickly program setting multiple components to disabled at once. Of course, you can instead disable them individually. It /might/ even run faster that way. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course, sorry, I called it workaround 'cause I’ve figured something like “disable row” and all inner object get disabled, like it happen in the software I use for desktop :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’d be a nice feature to have. If you have a lot of objects in the row and looping through them is too slow, you could consider putting an invisible label on top of them, to make them unclickable, but that doesn’t change the appearance of the buttons/text-inputs, so not as good of a user interface.

1 Like

How to put something over other object?
A label with a background color with low opacity could be nice…but I d’n’t think there is a way to change opacity…

1 Like

See this post, where I describe how to do an overlay: Help speeding up my Gallery - #14 by skulamester

You actually can set low opacity. When you pull up the color selector, look for this slider:

1 Like

Ok, thank you. I’ll take a look.
I didn’t expect to have opacity 'cause there is no way to set it in blocks page.