Debugging in Thunkable X (Video)

Hi @tatiang, I’ve deleted all the blocks shown in the previous screenshot.

I am not sure what you mean by this.

Here is an image of my blocks:

Andos.

But you removed all of the debugging call blocks from the login process! Have you solved the problem? Because without them, it’s very difficult to know why the project stops at the loading icon.

I was trying to help you determine if the Firebase login is verified or not. We still don’t know.

Hi @tatiang, when I dragged the Debug Click and Run Debug blocks to the bin. All the other Run Debug blocks disappeared also. I presumed that was supposed to happen.

I shall recreate them…

Andos.

That happened because you deleted the Run Debug function definition blocks. Sigh I didn’t realize that the function definition (Run_Debug with report) blocks were part of the screenshot. Sorry about that! Yes, you need that function definition and then you need to add the “Run_Debug” blocks with text strings to the “when LoginButton click” blocks.

Hi @tatiang, I have now recreated the Run Debug function and placed Debug back in the Login process. See my blocks now:

What should I do now?

Andos.

I made a screen capture where I explain the next step. Sorry that the audio quality is poor.

https://watch.screencastify.com/v/RDa8EbTNbt2GjqdF5jSp

Hi @tatiang, the video helps.

Here is a video of what happens now when I click the Login button:

It appears as though the Login stages are still not being reported.

Andos.

Can you share a new link to your project?

Hi @tatiang, as requested, here is a link to my project:

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/90971b34624937f12f4c7d1dc8b6b755

Andos.

That link doesn’t work:

Hi @tatiang, try this link:

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/dc85470d7088944d140ee2889cec638d

Andos.

1 Like

That one doesn’t work for me either. It’s possible that my account is full.

Edit: that one works. I had to delete projects in order to open it.

Remember that your debug function should look like this:

Also, please add this “Navigating to LandingScreen” debug function call:

Can you try again and share a video of the results?

Hi @tatiang, I have amend both Run Debug function and the Login Click as you suggested. See below:

The video below shows the outcome:

There must be a reason why messages aren’t displaying. Although I don’t fully understand it, the error msg keeps mentioning API. I definitely have an API key Could this be relevant?

Andos.

Yep! I just assumed that was text from a list of values block but now that I look at it closer, it’s an error message. You can set a text input’s text to the green error block and then copy and paste it so that you can read the whole thing.

You’ll need to figure out why the API is returning an error. You can Google keywords from the error. It’s probably related to settings preventing your Firebase sign in from working.

Hi @tatiang, I shall try this tomorrow as we are about to go out this evening.

Could you send me an image of how to set my blocks to display the API error msg clearly pls?

Andos.

Like this:

You can use any Text Input component… it doesn’t have to be the EmailText_Input. And the wait block is just there so you have time to copy the result.

1 Like

Hi @tatiang, I followed your instructions and copied out the following error message:

I then went to the link in the error message and clicked “Enable” for the API

Enabled API-Screenshot 2022-12-21 14.33.07

It suggested that I ‘might’ have to wait 24 hours for propagation. I started to look at other things associated with the API and didn’t understand any of it.

I tried running the Live Test of my project. See the video below:

I shall leave it for 24 hours and then try again. I shall then forward to you my findings.

Andos.

1 Like

Hi @tatiang, I’ve set up my blocks as per your previous image and I have left enabling of the API for 48 hours instead of 24 hours as a precaution. Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be any improvement.

See video below:

Should I use a new API key? I really don’t want to as I found it harrowing the first time.

Andos.

I don’t think a new API key is going to help.

This is for Firebase sign-in, right? Because usually, you can test an API by entering the full url you plan to use in a browser. But with Firebase, I’m not even sure how you would do that. I guess you’d need to contact Firebase support to find out why your sign in API access isn’t working.

Under Authentication in your Firebase Console, do you have Email/Password enabled as a Sign-in method? Or something else? Here’s what mine looks like and it works with Thunkable: