Custom Components now available in Public Beta!

Can you not save them locally? @matt_conroy sign me up please. Not sure how often I will use it but like to poke at things until they break :thinking:

Once you publish a Custom Component, it will always be available for you to use in your My Components tab on x.thunkable.com. I will get you signed up and ready for Beta testing. Thanks @samclever!

So, I created a component, was going crazy as to why it wouldn’t work, then finally decided to load the component into a new project. That did the trick, but when I add a new page, the component stops working. It seems to only work when the component is on the first page. Any ideas on to why this happens?

@tthompson41231 We can take a look into this for you. Would you mind sharing a link to the Custom Component? You will find the Share button on the top right portion of your screen.

I figured it out. Custom components aren’t initializing component variables when they are not located on the first page. The workaround I did was to create a function that sets all variables to their initial state.

1 Like

Brilliant, glad a solution was found!

Hopefully the team can figure out why this happens. I know it’s probably not on your agenda at moment, but let me know when this has been fixed so I could remove unnecessary code. Thanks.

I’m excited to share a fresh custom components tutorial with y’all! In this short video tutorial, you’ll learn how to use methods to trigger behavior in custom components.

3 Likes

Can you please add me to beta tester… trying to get back again to app.work in new year…

Hi @tiny_apps, thanks for reaching out. Custom Components are now in public beta and available to all Thunkable users. You should see the Custom Components tab on your Projects page.

1 Like

Hi, I have a problem with my custom component, I attach screen .problem: I update the component but I can’t update it in the project where I’m using it immag1 and immag3 only by putting it in a new project it updates to the latest version but not graphically (immg4 ). I only have one custom component for the moment. I also attach component link.
https://x.thunkable.com/component/6599611873b49966f1377b71/
HI

Im 1Ăš

Actually ran into this myself. Try removing it from the project and reading it.

Super annoying tho

@lorenzofaverijfd3b @jared Thanks for reaching out about this. This issue crops up when a user publishes a custom component > 10 times. The fix for this should be released in the next few days.

2 Likes

Hi, today I have 2 problems.
1st the images are not reported after publication
2nd part of the project variables are not saved when exiting the editor
I attach screenshots

component before publi

1 Like

Hi, I hope I am writing in the correct group…
I would love to hear if and when the custom components will be available in “Any components”. In my opinion this would be a giant leap forwards. Right now I see no way to create a new cust.comp with the “clone” block. The following screenshot may show my idea:

grafik

This could be helpful for me:

• My custom component “Test_comp21” has a property called “Index”. That way I could identify a click on a cloned component, provided I have set the property “Index” appropriately.
  • But there is no way to clone my cust.comp…
  • …and right now there is no block in the “Any component” section like “when Any component click”.

put the component in a group. then clone the group

1 Like

Hi @jared ,
thank you, this solved a part of my question: I put my cust.comp in a group and then I was able to clone the group.

But:

• the cloned group does not respond to the block “when Any group click”. Only the original group responds to this event. So I am not able to receive events from the cloned group.
  • BTW: the block “when Any group click” has a green output “component”. When I insert it in “get object properties of” I get a list of numbers from 0…35. I am still trying to decode this output…
  • I am not able to set properties of the cust.comp inside of the cloned block.

Hi @Michael_Rogulla apologies for the delay here. I’m looking into whether there are plans to allow Custom Components to be cloned and/or being accessed through the Any Component blocks.

Hang tight and I hope to have an answer soon!

1 Like

@Michael_Rogulla Appreciate the feedback and suggestions here! The short answer is that we do plan on adding in the functionality to use a Custom Component in the Any Component drawer.

We don’t have a specific timeline for this yet but we will make announcements of new functionality to Custom Components in our Release Updates board.

Thanks again!

1 Like