Creating a local leaderboard using user input names + score

Hi, Im pretty new to thunkable and been using it for college to create a app of my choice. I decided on a game app, and want to be able to have a user input their name, store it, work their way through the quiz using my data spreadsheet, then display the score at the end with their name, but have a button to display a local leader board where I can have the stored users names + scores. Yet, I am able to create the score system using a couple of tutorials, but the user input and another post mention lists is completely throwing me off… Any help is much appreciated. Ill share my project so far so you can see the blocks already. Thanks all !

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/851f9c3fd4f4151c09367daac148ad31

Self Edit: After testing, the set score is out of 16, but even if i get every correct answer the store is always 10? Not sure what thats about :sweat_smile:

Copy project:-
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/d9c52e97f8cf9f641924d9304fc4e31f
Change Data in Your Spreadsheet and
Test it

Add 10 more question in your spreadsheet

Thanks for the help,

What you changed will fix the counting problem? Ive noticed also there is a huge delay sometimes when pulling from the spreadsheet. It will just not update the question or answers, or just not at all so i cant even complete it to see the score!

How would I go about the storing of user name and score and displaying on an end page? I completely forgot to even add the leaderboard screen at the end, but ive done that now.

If you just use a real database intended for this kind of ordering, you could easily do this. Heck, even airtable is better than trying to use google sheets for this.

You can use the api blocks to easily grab data and in the same step tell the server to return the data ordered and to limit to the top 10 results.

1 Like

Ah okay, Id rather use google sheets since im using that already. People were taking about using variables or just using fire something or other externally. I was only going to do the top 3 scores, its not a massive project and should probably be simpler than it already is but im commited.

Do you have a step by step on how to do this? as well as the block code Ill need. Im super struggling here haha

I appreciate the reply!

In function, you have given number like 1 ,2 , etc and
I have replaced them by answerbtn’s text

What do you mean? The numbers were there to represent the collums of the spreadsheet. 1-4 for each button, then with a if statement if that button is pressed then add to score?

Im not sure what you mean by what you said.

Project link
See the project.