Create a Web Link for each List Item

I have created several App pages , each with a 15 item list. What is the process to create a web link for each item
Thank you

1 Like

Can you be more specific.

Do you want a web link to each item in every screen?

How these items are created? Are they in a form of Thunkable list of these items are meanly text boxes or labels in the screen?

Would be better if you provide an example or a screenshot.

Thank you for your response. Since I don’t have anything to hide, I just made a sharable link to my App build. I am a raw amateur in this world although I am a retired Network Engineer, so I do comprehend most stuff. The list is located in the “Lodging” page and all I would like is to click on one of the List Items and be linked to either a Map of where the Hotel is OR the Hotel’s website like I have done in the “Home” page under Hassayampa Inn. Any suggestions you might have will be appreciated. https://x.thunkable.com/copy/71803fbf77a320c79fb3180c4ddd14f9

By the way … this app will be a free app given to the Registrants of our Event, a big car show.

Thank you and Warm regards,

Tom Jones

C7tomjones@gmail.com

(602) 725-6246

1 Like

See Thunkable

I have added a screen to show a working example.

Muneer, I apologize, but I don’t see a new screen listed.

Tom Jones

C7tomjones@gmail.com

(602) 725-6246

1 Like

This is the code.

The screen name after mixing my project is WebLinkExample

2 Likes

The idea is simple.
Create two different lists; one has the list of names and the other has the list of links. The lists has to be in the same order.

In the List Viewer, show the list of names and when the use selects any names from the list you use the other list to get the weblink using the same order selected (index).

Hope that explains it.

Thank You I will try that. Could this solution use A pair of Airtables for the Lists ?

1 Like

yes of course
You can use one Airtable table with two columns. A column for the names and the other column for the web links

Thank you a lot.

Muneer, Thank you for the Help, I am a little slow in building the components, however, I followed your example (I think) and in the app preview only the web URL to the Airtable shows in the List Preview. Could you debug that code sometime if you have the time.

The rest of my pages in this App are all pretty much the same format, so once I figure this out I should be able to publish an App.

Thanks again, you are my Guiding Light

https://airtable.com/shrZFkDrOBQRl0dRt

Tom Jones

C7tomjones@gmail.com

(602) 725-6246

~WRD0000.jpg

1 Like

OK,
This is how I will go about it. In a new screen add a DVL (Data Viewer List)
In the properties choose the Add button under Data Source.
Enter the necessary details to get your Table connected
This means I am connected to the table/sheet
Now I need to connect the columns in the table to the columns in the DVL from the property page of the DVL.
Click preview to see the result

Now I just have to add the coding blocks to the DVL
That is all what you need in the block screen
Now you can test and enjoy the outcome.

One last question if you please. I followed your directions and it works like a charm. Thank you. Now, I am trying to understand the flow and logic of the “Block” programming. It is brilliant but complicated.
IF…… I wanted to show the contents of any list from Column A in Airtable and when a List Item is clicked, it will take you to the Web URL listed in Column B, knowing that Columns A & B are set up correctly with each line showing a Name in Column A & a Web Address URL in Column B. My question is : what have I done wrong or missing in this Block Logic ? The error given says :
“Something has gone wrong. Check your blocks and reset this page.” Your thoughts are appreciated.
Thank you,
Tom Jones

1 Like

The first item in the list is 1. You are referring to item ZERO which will result is the message you are seeing.