Copy Screen Issue

I am creating an app with different screens (suppose 3).

all the screens have the same concept but use different variable names specified for own screens.

I created one screen and save the screen as a (template).

When I get the saved screen as a new screen for my screen no. 2, it looks very complicated.

Does it has another method to complete my app?
:thinking:

1 Like

Put all the components into a column. copy the column on the first screen, then Drag it into the second

3 Likes

coupe the could? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@jared,
I tried it and copied all the components but not blocks.
Thank you.

If you need the blocks to be copied to another screen, you can click on a group of blocks, and click ctr + C and to copy it to the clipboard then ctrl + V on another block screen to paste the code you want to carry over

Oh!
I never tried that method. :wink:

you are saying,
first, copy the columns and then copy the blocks.
so invisible components will be not copied but work-related with copied components too.

I trying now.

invisible components are usually carried across screens. i would think you should be able to access them from anywhere.

Got It. :+1:

1 Like

if that works for you, please mark as a solution so that others may see this!

Can i select whole block screen ones. because there are more than 20 variables I have Defined.

why Are you recreating what’s on the screen? Would it be easier to work with dynamic screen content?

Less code to mess up that way

1 Like

Dear Jared,
Can you please explain to me what is called “work with dynamic screen content”. :slightly_smiling_face:

For example, I made an app to track behavior data for 10 people. Instead of 10 different data sheets screens for each person. I made 1 data recording screen. Based on the active “person being observed” the entire screen changes including labels, buttons, rows/columns changing to be specific to that persons data sheet.

The code that I use to manage the data is so similar that instead of
Copying across screens. I added code so that the correct things display based on 1 setting.

If I have time today, I can post an example of this.

1 Like

How nice. if I can do that it’s saving my time.

you mean we only need to design 1 screen to view people’s details. then we can see all people’s detail one by one after selecting individuals?

1 Like

Yes. I’ll work on this as an example.

My main project records data for 10 people. It records 5 metrics for each person. Each metric must be 1 of 6 types.

All names and items being measured are separate for each of the 10 people. So you can image there is a large amount of potential settings and configurations.

1 Like