Connectivity Question

My app works fine in Live Test but when I download an Andriod apk and install it on the same phone or tablet, the app runs very slowly; each button press takes 5 to 10 seconds.
However, if I turn off all connectivity (Wifi and Mobile Data) on either device,the app runs properly with no delays at all.
The app has two images and no Internet connectivity, only buttons and labels. The app has 478 blocks and two screens.
The phone is an LG Q6 running Android 7.1.1 and the tablet is an Acer B1-770 running Android 5.0.1
Here is a copy of the app:

https://x.thunkable.com/copy/c651e489eb0734f62e06b45f9c9caf75

Sorry for the long post but I can’t figure out my mistake…

1 Like

After carefully reviewing your app, I am pretty confident that the reason you cannot figure out your mistake is that you didn’t do a mistake.

There is nothing in your app that could account for this, owing that it does not make any use of internet. It would seem that either the way it is packaged for installation or the way X thunkable implements the app could be responsible. That means that a solution depends on someone else.

2 Likes

Many thanks for taking a look, I have spent the better part of the last three days trying to figure it out, funny thing is that everything was working fine until last Thursday, June 26th but something has changed.
Hopefully one of the staff members can help in the next few days…

I can confirm for you the app runs terribly slow on a samsung s8 running android 9, so it wasn’t just your version that compiled badly.

(edit)

Just to add, its a pretty sweet app, I like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

FYI, we believe that we have identified the problem and have a fix ready to go. It should go to production sometime today. At that point you’ll need to re-download your APKs.

-Mark

1 Like

Also I have had similar experience but a lot worst. My apk file installs and runs fine on my SG s6edge phone but it crashes when run on similar SG phone.

Generated the apk file multiple times but it never runs on another android phone.

Is there any planned update for the block building and designer lag?

That’s a different issue and we have other threads in this forum discussing that :wink:

-Mark

1 Like

The fix for the slow APKs should be live now. Please reload your browser page and re-download your apks.

-Mark