Android version in thunkable x is slower then before

Today I try to use my app in android version

when I download I found that is very slow than before (Android version) and when I use live to test it still works quickly

then i try to use in IOS version and i found it is still quick

help me please I have to use this app tmr

1 Like

Hi, I am having a similar problem, live test works fine but when I install the .apk on the phone the app runs very slowly, about 5 seconds for each button press! The app does work just very slowly. The app has 293 blocks.
I have been developing this app for about a month and the .apk files have worked fine until yesterday.
The only change I made on this latest version was adding the app icon and I am almost ready to release the app to the Play Store, any ideas??

@234aebf251034c, @pgbowers and anyone else having this problem,

If you could post a link to your projects (privately, if you’d prefer), that would help us diagnose the problem.

Thanks in advance.

-Mark

1 Like

Hi Mark,

Here is the link:
https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5d0255bc45646a4b3321c116/9ff8117d-a698-4658-bbc1-ab2a2f35be35/designer

The problem has only occurred in the last two days, previous .apk’s ran fine on my test devices.

Let me know if I can provide any other details and thanks for taking a look so quickly.
Cheers, Peter

@pgbowers, I’m having trouble replicating the slowdown on my device. Can you tell me what model(s) of phone(s) you have tested on and what version of the Android OS they are running?

Thanks in advance.

-Mark

1 Like

Hi Mr. Mark, thanks for you help, I have the same problem. This problem reported is the same problem already open in another post (http://community.thunkable.com/t/app-hanging-and-slowing-a-lot-after-apk-urgent/120323) and also an open problem in git (https://github.com/thunkable/thunkable-issues/issues/165). All are about the same thing. Mr. Donhnall and Mrs. Joannie are working hard to fix this as well.

Hi Mark,
The phone is an LG Q6 running Android version 7.1.1

I will try downloading a fresh .apk in the morning to see if it helps. I also have an older Acer tablet that I will try as well.

Thanks again for looking into this.
Peter

I try to use my old application that it was already installed on my phone and I found my app is still run workly.

However, when I download as apk. again i install that app on my phone. I found that lated application was crash. every calculation, button click including screen changing are run slowly.

My phone is “sumsung Note 5” and I already update my phone version to lated version.

However i appreciate that dev is still take care us.
If every thing is better let us know as soon as possible.
Thxxxxxx. :slight_smile:

Hi again Mark,
The problem persists this morning, I uninstalled the .apk from the phone (Q6) and downloaded a fresh one, button presses still take 5 or more seconds each.
Then I installed the same .apk on my tablet (Acer B1-770 running Android 5.0.1), same delay there as well.
Next, I uninstalled that .apk and reverted to one I had saved four days ago. That one runs fine on the phone and on the tablet, no delays at all.
Thanks,
Peter

@234aebf251034c, since different phones have different latest versions, would you mind finding out exactly what version of Android your phone is running?

Thanks in advance.

-Mark

1 Like

Gents, could it be worth confirming that while the app works perfectly fine through the Thunkable app player, it only lags when installing the compiled APK? This is what I am experiencing.

FYI, we believe that we have identified the problem and have a fix ready to go. It should go to production sometime today. At that point you’ll need to re-download your APKs.

-Mark

1 Like

thanks @Mark!!! thanks!! I downloaded a new APK right now and it’s still slow. Have you made the fix available ?? Please let us know when you publish, I was so anxious that I can start to compile a new APK every 30 minutes.:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Please be patient :wink: . I’ll post back to this thread when the fix is live.

-Mark

1 Like

The fix should be live now. Please reload your browser page and re-download your apks.

-Mark

2 Likes

1 more issue fixed :stuck_out_tongue:

The fix has spawned another problem, perhaps users have not noticed. Compiled applications that need connectivity are only working on WIFI and do not work on data connection. I explain better in this post community.

Many people sad me slowly app. How can be faster our app.
Yes,I have lots of blocks; but i have to use.

Hi! I have the same problem, i installed the APK in my android phone, everything is very slowly, also in thunkable Live
Someone knows how we can fix this?