Connecting/Calling .php files with Thunkable

Hello everyone,

I am new to Thunkable but have created a complete with AppInventor. The simple question is how to call .php files running on a server and handling a MYSQL DB. I would be very thankful for a complete example of blocks showing the entire mechanism. One remark is that I cannot seem to find in my Thunkable Pro the call “from Web_API1 SET URL” command.
Thankful for any answer.
BR

Hi @pmginvestda6z, welcome to Thunkable! :tada:

Be sure to check out our posts about How to ask Great Questions v2.0 and our Community Guidelines as you get started.

Just doing a quick search here of the same keywords, I found this post from not long about running a php script on a server that pulls data from a MySQL database. I would suggest starting here.

If you are wanting someone to do this for you, you can always post your request for paid work in our Freelance / Paid Help Opportunities - Community category

As for the block for setting the URL, that is part of our Web API blocks. I will link to the docs for those here:

Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 1.01.14 PM

You can also set the URL by clicking on the gear icon for the Web API you’ve added in the advanced blocks drawer and add it in there.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.