Complex google sheet reading

mine is like this , what should i change

we’re just trying to populate A2 of SEL here - so your data_viewer_grid1 should be showing your race buttons. hopefully it’s connected to a spreadsheet or local table containing Race_name…
then in above block, set id to 2 and set ‘to value=’ to race_name (the column in your associated table that contains race name). in effect it says, if your press this button, take the race_name associated with it and update cell a2 of tab SEL. if you have cell b2 with the correct formula, it should have a numeric index value for the race.

your RESULT should automatically populate .

now navigate to a new screen with another data viewer grid2 that is connected with RESULT tab and it should populate your data viewer grid.

there are 2 data view grids in use here - and each one is connected to a different table.
the first one, for selecting RACE is connected to a table with with columns: RACE PHOTO, RACE_NAME.

the 2nd one is connected to the RESULT tab i described above, (constructed with INDEX function).
this data view grid is for viewing stats for the selected race.

my excel works incredible (thanks for that )
which part is wrong
my sel excel

isnt this supposed to be working based on my sel excel

you were close - the get_value block should be pointing to the datasource (tab and column) connected to data_viewer_grid1 for the current rowid (not 11!). That datasource should contain races only, one row per source.

do ineed to create new tab for races? its still not working

that get_value block should be pointing to tab that’s different from SEL - it’s the tab that contains the race buttonpictures and race names.

created new tab
changed my data grid to this

and not working (i click picture , nothing happens)

change your get_value block to data_viewer_final, sheet to Sayfa7, column to race. try again.

maybe you should also try , in the update value block, ‘for row id=’ to 1

navigate should go to the screen which shows the stats.

i was already making blocks and worksheets to illustrate my point, so i might as well make it functional.
first of all , i don’t have much experience in sharing projects which have google sheets in them , the last time tried the sheets were converted to local tables so all the formulas disappeared. so in order to approximate the same set up i used, you need to copy my spreadsheet first and save it to your google drive BEFORE you open the project.

here’s a link to my working project:
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/0122a74237617eb92bde117314b85dea

then make a copy of the project and run that copy. verify the data sources for the data grid viewers.
the first one (in screen1) should have this data source:

the second one (in screen2) has this connection:

hopefully it will work. it works for me.
good luck.

1 Like

i cant thank enough , thank you for your patiance for me :smiley: and thank you for your work .

you’re welcome

1 Like

you have to start thinking of your new challenge. this works with one person - when there are multiple users , does everyone carry a copy of all that data? maybe you can keep the major bulk of the data in cloud (i’m just repeating words - i’ve never used clouds in thunkable) but the dynamic part just keep in the user’s google drive. good luck!

yes . my aim is to access my program to many people as possible
but my new challange is , quite complex and smiple again @manyone .
i m trying to screen 1 disappear i dont want to see on my bottom tab , i just want to acess it with my home tab. is it posiible to do that ? tahnks

it should be possible - if you use the screen with navigation tabs, there are blocks you can test to detect when any of the navigation tabs is pressed. then there’s no need for the home key.

i did that it worked thanks , if you don’t mind, I have one more question . now I want to sort the index functions in my res tab…i want to list 1 position ,2nd positon till the last one . but when i try to sort it updates the first version . is it doable ? and if it is which excel function should i use

i did it with =SORT no worries :smiley:

i was going to suggest that - but you got it!

@manyone now the thing is DNFed people are shown by 0 's im trying to convert 0’s to text with =MATCH , but i dont know how to MATCH AND SORT on the same cell .