Clone of a column is not visible

When I copy a column and I stay on the same screen the copied columns are visible, but when I open the screen the copied columns are not visible. I used the attached blocks. Thanks!

Schermata 2020-12-21 alle 08.17.21

What blocks are you using to copy the column?

Any chance you can share a link to your project?

I use the attached blocks.

Schermata 2020-12-21 alle 09.04.52

1 Like

The cloned column gets created when the button is clicked. But if you navigate to a different screen and then back again, it’s not going to re-create the cloned column because you don’t have a clone block in your When [screen] Opens block. You’re telling it to be visible but it doesn’t really exist yet at that point.

1 Like

I understand the problem but I don’t understand how to fix it. Can you suggest any idea how I can fix the problem (in terms of blocks)? Thanks!

i have a solution dont make one more screen use a column instead of another screen

The screen in which there is the clone button is “Screen2”.
The path is Screen 1 then by clicking a button go to “Screen 2”. As @tatiang said: The cloned column gets created when the button is clicked (in Screen2). But if you navigate to a different screen (Screen1) and then back again (in Screen2), it’s not going to re-create the cloned column because you don’t have a clone block in your When [screen] Opens block.

Can you explain in blocks what do you mean with “use a column instead of another screen”?Thanks!

A few other things to consider:

• Is this issue consistent across web, android, and iOS? The web app has all sorts of sizing and display issues.
  • Try adding a big fat colorful boundary around column1. See if there are like colored dots on the screen after cloning. This can indicate that the column was created, but isn’t sizing correctly.
  • Are you using any navigators? Start and open events occur at different time with and without navigators.
  • Try adding a speak/say block to the open event with text like “open event screen 1” . That will allow you to determine at runtime if/when the event is actually occurring.
1 Like

Is column 1 visible when it’s cloned by chance?

I have set Column1 “Not visible” in the project screen because otherwise I have a Column (Column1) that I don’t need. I need the cloned columns not the original one (At least for how I set up the blocks).

Schermata 2020-12-21 alle 14.53.51

@mauro.drghk,

Another observation, it looks like you are setting the label values in the original column, not the cloned column. Was that the intent? Or were you intending to set those values in the visible cloned column?

Ok make column1 visible. Put it inside of another column named columnHider

Make column hider set to not visible

Yes, I intend to set those values in the visible cloned column.

I tried but it doesn’t work.

If you remove this stuff

do you see your clones appear?

The application works correctly even if I remove what you told me to remove but I don’t see any clones appear when I reload the page [navigate to a different screen (Screen1) and then back again (in Screen2, where there should be the clones)].

The clone function acts weirdly and the best solution its to add a data viewer list and import the format you want.

I tried but I don’t know what value to put as RowID. See the Blocks attached.

U can check out here:

https://docs.thunkable.com/data-viewer-list

What is the data source your trying to bind your clones to?

Check this Json out

This feed comes from an api i use

Here are the blocks that I use to make clones from that feed.

And the project

https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/5fda10599d95920011f05f13