Click button and navigates to wrong screen

Hi all!

I have a button on my “Flash media screen” that should navigate the user to the Media page. Every time I click it while testing, it does not go to Media, but goes to the About screen instead.

If I set it to any other screen instead of media, it will navigate there fine. :upside_down_face:

It just seems to avoid media at all costs right now. :sweat_smile: :unamused:

Help! What is happening?

Screen Shot 2021-11-09 at 15.27.47

3 Likes

Check in your Blocks screen. Maybe you have more than one block for the btn_play Click which makes one to act before the other.

2 Likes

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 14.01.37

Hey Muneer,

Thanks for your reply!

These are the blocks on flash page… Even if I delete this whole screen and just simplify and put a blank page with just “When flashpage opens (or starts), navigate to Media” it still goes to “About”.

This is completely mystifying me! :grimacing:

1 Like

Please share your project so others can look into the situation and provide advice.

Hi Muneer,

This is the project : Thunkable

1 . Flash page 2 is an example of it not working

2 . Flash page is the original and it works. No idea what the difference is, but I can see the non-working version has a light green “Media” drop down… instead of orange.

^ What is the difference between these 2? Green Media does not work.

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 15.09.59

Screen Shot 2021-11-10 at 15.10.42

1 Like

There is definitely something strange going on. I deleted all of the blocks from the Media screen and when I Live Test from Flash page 2, it goes directly to the About screen. Baffling.

Modified project: Thunkable

Edit: And if I remove the Media screen from the Navigator, it still goes right to the About screen.

1 Like

This happens from time to time.

The Navigate block is getting wrong index due to some internal error.

Copy the Navigate block from Flash Page and paste it to Flash Page 2 then delete the Navigate block that was originally in Flash Page 2 and replace it with what you copied from the other page and it will work.

You will see that the two Navigate blocks are slightly different. One has the screen name in a light green frame and the other one doesn’t.

1 Like

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I never seem to be able to copy / paste blocks. I see how to duplicate, but not to then add this to another screen.

Is there a way to do this?

Also, this is a duplicated, public project - it is not the one I’m concerned about, my private app. The real one does not have the working block within the project anymore… can I somehow copy the working one from one project to another? :grimacing:

1 Like

And also… the navigation works if it is any other screen… just. not. media. :unamused:

1 Like

I fixed by adding the screen name as text this way

To copy a block or group of blocks from one screen to the other just use the normal copy/past key combination.

• Select the block you wish to copy by clicking on it with the mouse.
  • Use Ctrl-C for Windows or Command-C for Mac to copy.
  • Navigate to the other screen and click on any empty space in the blocks page.
  • Use Ctrl-V for Windows or Command-V for Mac to paste.

You might need to find it in the screen as it will copy in an arbitrary place.

2 Likes

Just adding that there is not a way to copy blocks from one project to another project.

1 Like

Yes, I missed that in my explanation.

In my opinion, this error in this project was due to deleting a screen, I believe the name of the deleted screen was Main Menu.

It seems to me the screen entries in the project was not completely removed and this caused the Navigate block to have incorrect reference to the Media screen.

Maybe @looovelee can confirm if this is true or not.

Thank you SO MUCH for this solution! :star_struck:

I don’t know why the copy / paste never seemed to work for me… now it does. So, I must have been hitting the wrong buttons. How silly! Thank you! It’s too bad that we can’t copy blocks to other projects. Would be a great feature to “save” sets of block functionality and add to an account saved code / block area. A bit like you can save a screen within a project? Does that make sense? Maybe a thunkable wishlist item. :slightly_smiling_face:

Main Menu is the name of the Bottom Tab Navigation for the 3 screens - About, Media and Share the Love ? I think that’s the only place I’ve used it. :thinking:

I would love to correct the main issue if possible!
But still very very glad it is working now. :dizzy: :clap:t2:

Thank you again!

2 Likes

To copy blocks across projects you need to Save the screen using this block

Once the screen is saved, you can now click the + to add a new screen and you should see something like this
Select Copy from My Screens and click next to see a list of your saved screens similar to this

Choose the screen to copy to your project.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

That’s amazing! Thank you for the tips!

There is so much to discover on Thunkable. :star_struck: