[Solved] Canvas Label/Sprites not showing

Hello everyone
I am having a bit of a problem.
My canvas doesn’‘t seem to show the sprites/labels.
It doesn’'t even change to a transparent background.
This is my canvas in the editor:

and this is what i get:

How do i fix this?
Thanks

Is your screen set to scroll? The sprites don’t show if your screen has scroll turned on.

Also, if you have a sprite off screen it doesn’t show any sprites.

I’m finding that the create sprite block stops the code process.

I have none of these.
Things you are saying in My canvas.

After what you said I went back and made a mock app. It looks like what’s actually broken is the “do” section of the create sprite block. If anything is in this section it stops the processing. You also can’t put create sprite blocks in the “On Start” block, they won’t execute.

Here’s a simple example: Thunkable

Hi there,

It looks like the issue with this project is that you use a when Screen Opens instead of a when Canvas Loads block. If you use when Canvas Loads, the Sprites are created. See the demo project here.

@sketch, are your Sprites created in the Design tab or are they added during app runtime? Can you share a project link with us that demonstrates this behavior for you?

2 Likes

Hi there @jane
The sprites are created in the design tab.
I have no sample project Because i deleted that one.

1 Like

If you create a new project, and add Sprites to a Canvas, can you see the Sprites when you preview your project on the web or live test your project on a device?

Hi @jane i’ve done what you said.
but now when i add the cnavas the codes in the screen stop working.
and the sprites stil disapear.

If you create a new project, and add Sprites to a Canvas, and do not add any other components or blocks, and do not resize anything or change any properties, can you see the Sprites when you preview your project on the web or live test your project on a device?

I can’t see sprites in a empty project with only a canvas and 1 Sprite.

Can you send me the URL of this project?
Are you able to test out this project? You should be able to click on a beaver to help him chop down a tree.

Hi there
I’ve tested your project and mine they do seem to work now.
Maybe its a Chromebook problem.

Both projects are working for you? That is great to hear! Are you still using the same computer/browser?

1 Like

Yes i tested IT on my phone trough Chrome.
That works.
I Will check on my Chromebook if IT works this after noon.
And with different canvas sizes.

2 Likes

Sure, and let us know if it turns out that Canvas components don’t work on a Chromebook. I assume the browser you’re using is Google Chrome?

2 Likes

Hi thre @jane the issue is now solved.
it works on both android phones and chromebooks.

3 Likes

That is great to hear! Thanks for the update :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes