Can't seem to add sound files

Every time I add my own sound file and try to play it with a button, it doesn’t work. I attached the error message to a label and it reads " sound file is not loaded yet" when I hit the button on my iPad but it never seems to actually load. It works when I use a url but not an uploaded file. It’s only about a second long and the documentation says it supports wav… still I went ahead and tried mp3 and still no luck. Anybody have any experience with this?

1 Like

Hi @Adam_Shield, welcome to the Thunkable community.

Any idea how big your Sound file is?
Also, can you try renaming the .WAV file to remove the spaces and hyphen (just in case!)

1 Like

Can you post this file here? The sound component has an onSourceLoaded block, which should work after the file is fully loaded. But earlier this block did not work under iOS. I do not know if the developers have fixed this bug or not.

Try specifying the file name in WebViewer.URL. Is the file playing in this case?

Indeed there is a problem with the Sound. When you try to play the sound error that the file is not loaded. Unit OnSourceLoaded still does not work on iOS.

1 Like

Yep! It was the filename, haha. Thanks!

1 Like

Ah gotcha, thanks.