Cannot create data source from Google Sheets

Hello,
I’m trying to add Google Sheets as a data source to my project but after I select a sheet and press create after waiting a while an error page pops up (see attachment 1).

Previously it worked but I expanded the sheet with more data and I have this problem now. Is there a file size limit for google sheets ? My google sheets file has 4 sheets and around 15 000 rows so I would think it takes some time to load but it never works. After a while it shows up in My data sources but it is empty (see attachment 2) and I cannot reference any columns in my app. I have already tried deleting my connection between thunkable and google sheets by removing google drive permission for thunkable and granting it again.
Thanks in advance.

Hi @maciej2001plr, I took a look at your logs and the specific error we are seeing is in relation to the size of the strings in the proejct-- “Cannot create a string longer than 0x1fffffe8 characters”

What is the specific data size/type you are entering into each cell in the google sheet?

Thanks for your reply. Mostly there are strings and some numbers. The largest cell that I found is 289 characters. Also I have a few charts in that sheet but I think they should not be a problem since they are not sent when passing a data source as I would think. I’m sending the data file in the attachment if you want to check, but the charts are not there because it is downloaded as excel from google sheets.
data.zip (4.1 MB)

Hi @maciej2001plr, the issue here is that connecting to .xlsx files that are hosted on Google Sheets is not supported, but you can convert your .xlsx file to a Google Sheet before connecting it to your Thunkable app project.

Please see our docs link below on how to convert this.

My file is actually a Google Sheet. I downloaded it as .xlsx because that is how I can share it with you so you could open it and check but I can also send a .csv if you prefer.
Sorry if I was not clear enough.

No worries. I am glad it is not a file format issue.

The next thing to check would be the data itself. The first row in your sheet must be a header row, and every column must have a header–can you try adjusting that and making sure all of your tabs follow this procedure?

So I have made the changes: deleted empty columns and made sure that a column has a unique name in the first row and am still having the same issue. Now I am using a copy of my original google sheets file with these changes so I can still look into my original file.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.