Can you add these blocks in thunkable?

After making several tries if I create or clone a column, a row with the blocks and define their Alignment or Justification with a normal text block and enter “left”.

Android will automatically crash because the syntax is bad it will do Alignment: “center”; when it should be Alignment:center;

On IOS it works very well.

Same for FontSize and other parameters except that when the data comes from a google sheet it comes with the “” and it constantly crashes the application with an error code such as

Critical ERROR while updating property ‘fontSize’ in shadow node of type:RCTTextat

2 Likes

You are right, using incorrect property names or data types can cause applications to crash. Therefore, it is necessary to check the data and, if it is not in the correct format or property name, correct it for use in Thunkable.

Unfortunately, there is confusion in Thunkable due to the fact that the actual name of the value differs from its name in the block. For a sample of working with markup properties, see the screen scrMarkup in https://x.thunkable.com/projects/5d70f93f8a62b4079eedaff2/project/properties/designer

Same for FontSize and other parameters except that when the data comes from a google sheet it comes with the “” and it constantly crashes the application with an error code such as

Remove “” from the data

2 Likes

Hi, Thank you for your very complete project. I have found a solution in the meantime.

But let’s imagine that we want to load the data directly into a data viewer list. We can’t intercept the data in the list. What can we do?

If we can’t intercept the data, then I see only one possible solution - to change the data itself in the source table. In other words, after writing data to the table, you need to manually or in some form change the format of this data so that it can be used in Thunkable.

Another way is to fill in the data in Data Viewer manually. For example, you read data from Google Table to a temporary data source, and then pass it from this temporary data source to a working source, but with the desired data format. This complicates and slows down the process, but it is one way to intercept data.

Imagine a situation. The water source is polluted and this dirty water is piped into your faucet. You can’t clean the water source because there is no access to it. But even in the case of a clean source, water passes through dirty pipes. What to do? Put the filter in your room, clean the water and apply clean water to a separate tap. This is how reverse osmosis filters work, for example.

I think you understand the analogy of water flow with data flow.

1 Like

The solution to add the data on a temporary table I already tried the problem is that we can only create a Row and not a column with google sheet that’s the problem.
Because with google sheet we can only retrieve the list of the column.
Airtable might work well but as you say it slows down the process so it’s not optimized.

Thunkable can’t fix that ? I have created a way out on the GitHub.

Personally I’ve changed the way I approach it.

The best thing would be that the data viewer list would have an option where we choose whether we should include the “” in the table or not.

Namely, would IOS understand the data without the “”?

In any case we can create 2 tables, one for IOS and one for Android and the data list viewer will be deleted depending on the operating system.

Thanks for posting about this. We have a fix coming for the fontSize issue but I wasn’t aware of additional issues until now. To clarify, are you saying that there is an issue when you try to set the alignment or justification using the existing dropdowns (as in the screenshot) or are you pulling the values from a Data Source or both?

2 Likes

Using the existing dropdown it works however if I add the pink text block “” and set myself “left” on it it won’t work.

There are a lot of parameters that have a problem when the data comes from a google or airtable source.

The list is long here are some of the ones I’ve tested

For the data viewer list, but I think there will be the same problem if we set the parameters with the pink block “”".

Tested with Android im not sure, but in IOS There is no problem.
to check

Tested:

• Button
  • Label
  • TextInput
  • ListViewer
  • Switch
  • Slider
  • Loading icon
  • Rating
  • Row
  • Column
  • Rating icon

Column
:x:AlignItems Error while updating property’AlignItems’ in shadow node of type:RCTview at
:x:JustifyContent Error while updating property’JustifyContent’ in shadow node of type:RCTview at
The rest works

Row
:x:AlignItems Error while updating property’AlignItems’ in shadow node of type:RCTview at
:x:JustifyContent Error while updating property’JustifyContent’ in shadow node of type:RCTview at
The rest works

Button
:x:Fontsize Error while updating property’Fontsize’ in shadow node of type:RCTText at
:x:Width and Height Blank screen with thunkable logo
:x:Disabled Error while updating property’disabled’ of a view managed by:RCTText at
The rest works

TextInput
:x:Borderwidth Error while updating property’borderWidth’ in shadow node of type:AndroidTextInput
The rest works

ListViewer
The rest works

✓resizeMode
The rest works

Rating
✓Value
✓Count
:x:Icon Blank screen with thunkable logo tested with (image url,text,number)
✓Visible
:x:Direction Error while updating property’FlexDirection’ in shadow node of type:RCTview at
✓ReadOnly
:x:FontSize Error while updating property’Fontsize’ in shadow node of type:RCTText at
✓IconMargin
✓Rating color
✓Background color

Loading Icon
✓color
:x:Size Error while updating property’Width’ in shadow node of type:RCTview at
✓Visible

Slider
:x: Maximum value Error while updating property’maximumvalue’ of a view managed by :RCTSlider at
:x: Minimum value Error while updating property’minimumvalue’ of a view managed by :RCTSlider at
:x: Step value Error while updating property’step’ of a view managed by :RCTSlider at
:x: Value Error while updating property’value’ of a view managed by :RCTSlider at
:x: Width and Height Blank screen with thunkable logo
✓ MinimumTrackTintColor
✓ MaximumTerackTintcolor
✓ Disabled
✓ ThumbTintColor

Label
:x:FontSize Error while updating property’FontSize’ in shadow node of type:RCTText at
:x:NumberofLines Error while updating property’numberofLines’ in shadow node of type:RCTText att
:x:TextAlign Error while updating property’TextAlign’ in shadow node of type:RCTText att
:x: Width and Height Blank screen with thunkable logo
The rest works

Switch
All work

2 Likes