Can I still use Cloudinary?

@paulmw Is Cloudinary still an option with the new Thunkable interface?

I don’t see the old mediaDB block and I’m not sure how to upload an image from the camera to Cloudinary except maybe by using the API.

3 Likes

The credentials are still available in the project settings. So I assume it is still an option.

1 Like

Thanks, @muneer. I did see that but I’m wondering if anyone knows how to upload an image from a phone’s camera. Also, I tried the “image from photo library” block that should allow uploading from a photo album but when I live test it on Thunkable Live on my iPhone, nothing happens and there is no error value.

These blocks, for example, vibrate the phone only once:

And if I remove the top “vibrate” block, the phone doesn’t vibrate at all.

3 Likes

Hmmm, the new UI is taking its own sweet time in becoming better understood.

2 Likes

I decided to go back to the legacy version for this and was able to easily upload an image from my phone’s photo album to Cloudinary and then store the generated media url in Firebase. I’m making a photo journal app.

2 Likes

You can right click and use advanced blocks. That’s be my preference.

@jared It looks like that will upload an image taken with the camera. But I’m trying to upload an image from the photo album (a photo that was taken outside of Thunkable using the camera app on the phone). Thanks.

This is what I’m trying to replicate in the new interface version:

1 Like

Sorry, @jared, are you confirming that it does NOT work for you either?

Sorry. Correct. I was unable to initiate the photo gallery to “pick a photo”

1 Like

I have made a sample project to demonstrate the issue.
https://x.thunkable.com/projectPage/5fdfa9d9b490930012a58225
here are the blocks I am using that fail to produce any result using the new UI and blocks