How to upload image to cloudinary folder

Hi,

I am using the media db block to upload images to cloudinary.
How do I save to a specific folder in cloudinary? I have multiple thunkable projects and want to be able to easily differentiate between them.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

see the documentation https://cloudinary.com/documentation/image_upload_api_reference

1 Like

I did not find the solution in the docs. Yes, the docs tell you how to do it with rest etc. But in thunkable cloudinary seems to be “integrated” in some way. I do not see the option to define the folder. Please if someone know how to do this, post it here.

Thanks!

Cloudinary is in limbo right now with Thunkable. It depends a bit on which interface (legacy or new) you are using but the basic idea is to assign the green “media url” block generated uploading an image to cloudinary (from the camera or image upload blocks) to a cloud variable. So you use “set cloud to [path]” where [path] is the firebase “folder”.

I’m on my phone so I can’t share an example right now but can post one later if you’d like.

Hi and thanks for your reply,
but Iam not sure the goal is clear. So thing is:

1. in cloudinary you can have folders. In my example one for images and one for sounds

2. With the thunkable block there is no (obvious) way to specify the FOLDER you want to upload to.

I wanted to know, how to tell thunkable where to upload the file inside of cloudinary. As you are kind of forced to use cloudinary when having files in thunkable, there has to be such an option.

Thanks again for help.

1 Like

@tmuracho3jx

I’m so sorry! My mind is in firebase mode so I was thinking about that. I’m working on a project where you take photos and upload them to cloudinary and then save the mediaURLs in firebase. But you didn’t ask about firebase.

I don’t know the answer to your question. I suspect you’d have to use the cloudinary API for that.

Can you share how you did “I’m working on a project where you take photos and upload them to cloudinary and then save the mediaURLs in firebase. But you didn’t ask about firebase”?

What would you like to know?

1 Like

How can a user upload images?
Then I want to display certain images in a data list

There are tutorials and documentation for that. Google thunkable cloudinary to get started. Some of the blocks have changed in the new version so ask questions when you get stuck.

2 Likes