Build error during Apk generation for Android

Please see the error below. Could someone please suggest what could be the issue?

Something went wrong when we tried to build your project CancerCare**.**

Here are the details:

Error: Command failed: cd /thunkable/androidBuildServer/…/thunkableCompanion/android/; ./gradlew AssembleRelease FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. * What went wrong: Execution failed for task ‘:app:packageRelease’. > A failure occurred while executing com.android.build.gradle.internal.tasks.Workers$ActionFacade > com.android.ide.common.signing.KeytoolException: Failed to read key AndroidKey from store “/thunkable/thunkableCompanion/android/upload.keystore”: null * Try: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights. * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org BUILD FAILED in 51s

Reference ID: c87ef0c5-4137-4e90-8dfe-977c1787b471

2 Likes

Is this the first time you try to generate an APK for this project?

Is this a project copied from an earlier project which was APK generated?

1 Like

same problem with this messages for more than one project

1 - Error: Command failed: cd /thunkable/androidBuildServer/…/thunkableCompanion/android/; ./gradlew AssembleRelease :warning: Cannot resolve the path to “@react-native-community/cli” package. :warning: Cannot resolve the path to “@react-native-community/cli” package. error node_modules/react-native/Libraries/Renderer/implementations/ReactFabric-prod.js: Call retries were exceeded. FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. * What went wrong: Execution failed for task ‘:app:bundleReleaseJsAndAssets’. > Process ‘command ‘node’’ finished with non-zero exit value 1 * Try: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights. * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org BUILD FAILED in 5m 5s

2 - Error: Command failed: cd /thunkable/androidBuildServer/…/thunkableCompanion/android/; ./gradlew AssembleRelease :warning: Cannot resolve the path to “@react-native-community/cli” package. :warning: Cannot resolve the path to “@react-native-community/cli” package. Failed to construct transformer: Error: Call retries were exceeded at ChildProcessWorker.initialize (/thunkable/thunkableCompanion/node_modules/jest-worker/build/workers/ChildProcessWorker.js:193:21) at ChildProcessWorker._onExit (/thunkable/thunkableCompanion/node_modules/jest-worker/build/workers/ChildProcessWorker.js:274:12) at ChildProcess.emit (events.js:375:28) at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:277:12) { type: ‘WorkerError’ } error Call retries were exceeded. FAILURE: Build failed with an exception. * What went wrong: Execution failed for task ‘:app:bundleReleaseJsAndAssets’. > Process ‘command ‘node’’ finished with non-zero exit value 1 * Try: Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output. Run with --scan to get full insights. * Get more help at https://help.gradle.org BUILD FAILED in 2m 31s

is that from our projects ? or because something in server side ??

This is strange. Sorry it’s happening and thanks for bringing it up.

Is this occurring for all users and all projects today?

I am getting this as well, however when I tried downloading for ISO it seems to work fine. :pleading_face:

I have downloaded it once before maybe I late Jan2022. Fixed some issue this week and now I get this issue while trying to download for Android

Is this happening today? @angus.wong

Strange… It is working now!!! Thanks. :crazy_face:
However the installed app does not display properly, seems like many pieces are missing :dizzy_face:

Android:

Block functions are mostly there but images were all lost

1 Like

You using images as assets in the project. It seems you changed the assets name and made it different from the actual file name.

If you do this, the compiled app will not load the images.

1 Like

but somehow it seems to work fine in ISO (iPad)

Very strange :weary::weary::weary:

1 Like

Truth :arrow_up: :arrow_up:

I notice the shadows. We’re working on the fix and hopefully testing it this week.

Where do your icons come from / what file format are they?

Lastly, how are your elements ordered in the tree. If you don’t mind it does seem a bit strange, if you want you can DM me a link to the app and when I’m at my desk I’ll take a look!

1 Like

Thanks @muneer @jared for the help and solution.
I imported most background images and setup from Figma, I added the icons after that, they are .svg

Heres the link to my little app that im working on at the moment:
https://x.thunkable.com/copy/a86be6aaae2611deadb79462491e6284

Anyway! I am still enjoying Thunkable and the building process :star_struck: and of course the immense help from the community!! :star_struck:

2 Likes

This is what I see. squished by the white. bar at the bottom, b ut everything is there. this was taken on an android device.

Can you make sure you are on the latest version of the companion app?

[UPDATE] when i downloaded the app, the assets were not present.

I have pinged the team and will follow up here when i have more details.

2 Likes

This (bug) unexpected behavior is only present in Android in the APK. iOS is not effected.

This is why the same project will compile correctly in iOS.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.