Audio not playing in text to speech

I have made a test app with the text to speech sample from the documentation, but nothing plays.

It worked last week, anyone else with this problem?.

I have only tested on IoS

Claus

please upload blocks images…

Here is an example:

I have found out, that rhe audio stops working, then i have used sppech recognition.
If I force quit the live app, and start it again, then it can play TTS until i have used Voice recognition once.

EDIT:
It works fine on Android, it is only on IoS

Thanks, Claus! We’ve received a couple of similar reports sound issues after using the Speech Recognizer component and are looking into it.

-Mark

My students are all experiencing this same problem. Has a resolution been found yet to the conflict between the speech components?

Ive had the same issue before, It happened when google dropped an update for the TEXTtoSpeech App, to fix all we had to do was uninstall the Update in system/Apps This will also occur if no native Text to speech App is set in the system settings. Ensure you have one set up as default. If you have none installed simply download the text to speech App by google inc on the google play store. Ether of the above should get this working again.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Thank you for this. The problem seems to be confined to the iOS students. But from what you are saying it sounds like the problem is a local one and not necessarily a Thunkable one.

1 Like

I think it is weird that the audio plays at first, but later it doesn’t. Mine worked an hour ago, but now I can’t get it to work to save my life :-}

Yeah. I have been experiencing the same on Android but not on iOS. On which of the two are you experiencing the issue?

1 Like

I’m experiencing this issue on my chromebook. Hope thunkable programmers can figure this out.