Are Thunkable apps 64-bit Compatible?

So after the applications will be supported in 64 bit, the application will work faster?

1 Like

Technically Yes its meant to run faster but obviously a badly developed app or game would not perform well. Read more about this changes here

2 Likes

So We need to update all app now?

Not now, Thunkable has not released their update yet.

How do I get a 64 bit variant of my Android app?

1 Like

hi @Nenye,

It’s not available just yet - but it’s on the way.

See more in this message:

2 Likes

i got the warning when it tried to launch my app and i can´t launch it .
How i can make my app a 64 bit app?

It says that i have to include native code of 32 and 64 bits in my app.
How i can solve this?

Hi. I have questions about uploading Google Play Store.

I received the following message. What should I do?

warning
This release does not comply with Google Play 64-bit requirements.

The following APKs or App Bundles are available on 64-bit devices, but currently only 32-bit native code: One

Beginning August 1, 2019, all releases must comply with Google Play 64-bit requirements.

Hi @48d7b0bab98fa9cfafb8, welcome to the Community :wave:

You can ignore this message for now, as it is only a warning and not an error.

See more here:

Oh, I see! Thank you very much for your kind explanation. It was a great help.

1 Like

I generated my APK from Thunkable X, after uploading to play store i got the following message.

"This release is not compliant with the Play 64-bit requirement.

The following APKs or App Bundles are available to 64-bit devices, but they have only 32-bit native code: 1.

From August 1, 2019 all releases must be compliant with the Play 64-bit requirement.

Include 64-bit native code in addition to 32-bit native code in your app. Use the Android App Bundle publishing format to automatically ensure that each device architecture receives just the native code it needs."

1 Like

So, do we know if thunkable will be able to release 64bit or will thunkable tell us when?

From what I understood after the 1st of august 2019 it will not be possible to upload the app made with thunkable if this 64bit matter is not solved.

We are currently working on this and plan on supporting 64-bit apps in advance of the August 1st Google Play requirement.

-Mark

2 Likes

thx for information sir

Will our contribution be limited to only upgrading Version name/Version code and rebuilding, or will there be additional adjustments and steps (like having to log-off and log back in) on our part to address the API 28/64 bit requirement?

Upgrading Version name/Version code and rebuilding should be sufficient. Note that you only have to do this when/if you want to upgrade your app on Google Play or upload a new app to Google Play. Google will not be removing or disabling existing versions fo existing apps.

-Mark

We made the 64-bit change in the platform and just finished testing it. We are planning to roll it out to x.thunkable.com sometime tomorrow (July 24). We will keep you posted :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Wei

1 Like

What about on the Classic side?

2 Likes

We just rolled out the update to x.thunkable.com. You can build 64-bit app now.

Best,
Wei

2 Likes

Don’t do this things:
I think classic is actually the best then ur X
http://community.thunkable.com/t/the-classic-version-will-be-disabled/155010/16