App-ads.txt - A clarification is needed

I am reading about the app-ads.txt file and there is one thing that i cannot find.
In paragraph 3 below it says “Make sure the domain is entered exactly as listed on Google Play or App Store”

Can someone clarify this sentence to me - Where shall i see “how” it is listed?

I have developer accounts in both apple and google but i really do not understand this.
Even though i have had apps launched before (now decommissioned) i haven’t any apps published at present in App store or google play at this point… Do i need to have an app published to set this or what… ?

Appreciate if someone just can guide me right here… (Schreenshot would be the best i guess)

Thanks in advance.
Stefan

1. If you haven’t already, create an app-ads.txt file using the spec provided by IAB Tech Lab.
  2. Copy and paste the following code snippet into your app-ads.txt file:

google.com, pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxx, DIRECT, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1. Publish your app-ads.txt on the root of your developer website (for example, sampledomain.com/app-ads.txt ). Make sure that the domain is entered exactly as listed on Google Play or the App Store.
  2. Wait at least 24 hours for AdMob to crawl and verify your app-ads.txt file.
  3. Come back to AdMob and check your app-ads.txt status.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.