I am reading about the app-ads.txt file and there is one thing that i cannot find.
In paragraph 3 below it says “Make sure the domain is entered exactly as listed on Google Play or App Store”
Can someone clarify this sentence to me - Where shall i see “how” it is listed?
I have developer accounts in both apple and google but i really do not understand this.
Even though i have had apps launched before (now decommissioned) i haven’t any apps published at present in App store or google play at this point… Do i need to have an app published to set this or what… ?
Appreciate if someone just can guide me right here… (Schreenshot would be the best i guess)
Thanks in advance.
- If you haven’t already, create an app-ads.txt file using the spec provided by IAB Tech Lab.
- Copy and paste the following code snippet into your app-ads.txt file:
google.com, pub-xxxxxxxxxxxxx, DIRECT, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Publish your app-ads.txt on the root of your developer website (for example, sampledomain.com/app-ads.txt ). Make sure that the domain is entered exactly as listed on Google Play or the App Store.
- Wait at least 24 hours for AdMob to crawl and verify your app-ads.txt file.
- Come back to AdMob and check your app-ads.txt status.