Alarm app with multiple recorded sounds

Hi Thunkers,

This is my second try asking all of your help and knowledge for the same issue which has not been solved for more than a half a year.

I have been trying to create an app that you can record multiple sounds and make each recorded sound to be used for alarm clock for each different time set. But, I have a trouble using multiple recorded sounds.

Note: I know that Thunkable does not run in the background and the alarm will only sounds if and when the app is awake and active.

I thought that I should use Vlookup method introduced in this community, but what needs to be found is row id for “j”. I want to know how I can get the row id for “j”.

Below screen shot is what I have done so far.

I created an app where a recorded sound can be set at a time for an alarm. For example, I am able to set it at 7:00am to sound a recorded sound, and it works. Thunkable

2 Likes

The row id can be found by using list of values just as you did but the column name should be “ID”. This is a reserved column name that stores the row ID for each row in the table.

Happy Thunking!

2 Likes

Thank you for your response, muneer.
I am not sure how I can find the row ID for “j” by using “list of values”.
Can you show me more, please?

From DB, the first thing that I need to find is an alarm time that matches with current time, and this is why I chose to use “for each item “j” in list”. So, “j” is one of the items that is in Alarm Time column in DB. And, the second thing that I want to find is the row ID for “j” to find a sound that is saved in the same row as the alarm time.

1 Like

An easy way to solve this one is to:

• Create an app variable counter and set it to 0
  • Before the loop for each "j" in list, set the variable counter to 0
  • Before the If condition inside the loop, increase the counter by 1
  • Use this counter as the row number to get the song/alarm file.

This should work for you.