AirTable Login Help!

Hi everyone,
I am using Airtable to keep usernames and passwords. Is there a way to find which row a specific username is in? For example, if the first username is Maria and password is puppy123, then the block would find which row the username Maria is in. (In this case it is row 1)

1 Like

Hi, @mtechnovationgirlsuw! :wave:

Try these blocks -

Hope I helped you :blush:
Good Luck! :star2:

Thanks! :blush:

If @kartik14 suggestion does not work, or you’d like to see another approach. See my post on that Here

Thank you all! I will try both suggestions!

Is x the “username” column and is y the password??

The x is the list you are providing to look up a value, and y is the value to lookup.
After getting the row, use this block to obtain password -

These blocks might be your full blocks.

Note - You can rename the do something function to “find in list”, x to list, y to value; Just for consistency.

In your function, why do you add the first occurence of item value with (1-(first occurence of a in list [a,b]))?

1 Like

I too agree, it’s senseless. But, magically it returns the perfect index.

Earlier, the raw block - image returned the wrong index. Like, you are looking for Indiana, and it returns the index of India; what they have in common is, the first few letters (I N D I A). The block only saw the first few letters, not the whole term.

That’s why…

Also, when I do the same code, I get an [Object object] error? What can I do to fix it?