Airtable delete command

The screen in question has three tabs. Notes, ToDos, and Reminder.
When they click the button for each, that input is saved in the spreadsheet. I don’t think a single user would use all available rows, since they would be deleting the task as it is completed. Now, if I sell 1 million downloads of my app, this could happen. This screen is part of a much bigger project and a few more screens do save data.

What other alternatives do I have? I tried saving the data to a Firebase DB but parsing the data back to my app was a nightmare. So, now I am attempting to save the data to a spreadsheet, which seems to be a bit seamless, except for this problem.

I would use lists within variables to accomplish this task. it would be your easiest option. if you have no need to view/modify their records. and if they dont plan to use the app on more than 1 device. i would store all of these locally instead of using a web database.

is there a reason you must use an online database/spreadsheet?

Thanks @jared. I’m kinda new the x platform. It seems to be a lot different than the classic version. I’m just learning the database/spreadsheet components. I have started to work with the local storage stuff yet.

1 Like

Hi !
Thanks for your great answers !

I got a problem : when linking a database (airbase), the only possible fonctions i get are

• get value (…) for row id
  • update value (…) for row id
  • create row
  • delete row (…) for row id

I dont have the functions “in table” (…) “call Get Column” (…) … where do i find it ??

You will need to add the spreadsheet component into the invisible components section of your component tree in the design screen!

If you don’t know how to do that, just let me know!

1 Like

Thanks, for your rapid answer !

I did it, as you can see in the document i attched ("…Page1")

And then, if you go to the next document ("…page2"), you see that they are only 4 possible commmand, and none of them allow me to get a colomn, or the rowID of a row (wich i need if i want to delete it)

What did i do wrong ?
Regards
Jacques

Try this. If you do this you will see a whole new set of blocks to work with your data.

GREAT ! It works !
Thank you very much Jared