#17 may be possible with Custom Components
#19 seems improved to me
#26: not sure what this is but we have Version History for projects
#27 requires a Team membership
#32 could be covered by Custom Components
#36 has been addressed by more frequent staff comments on the forums
#38: it seems like this is being worked on recently

1 Like

how about a do_it option? when you have a block completed and all variables inside are populated, right click on the block and select Do_It and it should execute and display the result,

how about a consistent, standard way of display listss by showing the left and right bracket boundaries? hten we can display lists of lists - eg. [[1,2],[3,4],[5,6],[7,8]]

So a way to execute code from within the Blocks tab?

Where would this happen? How would you use this and how is it different now? We can use lists in properties of objects such as [1].name. Is that what you mean?

right click on block and an additional option “do_it” or “run_now” will execute the contents in the block - if you enclose them inside a return block - you should get a talk balloon (as in cartoons) that displays the result.

sometimes you need a data structure containing lists inside a list.
like this:

but it comes out like this: (i don’t know if the 1,2,3 is part of the list or a whole list by itselt)

I think that’s because the default delimiter for a list is “,”. So the screenshot you have joins a list with a text string with another list and use “,” as the delimiter by choice. I wonder what would happen if you set the delimiter to “#”. I think you might get this:

1#hello world#1,2,3

But anyway, I get why your suggestion for brackets would be useful. I just wouldn’t want it to be the default setting. As an option, yes.

i propose brackets because they are sort of “standard” alreaday - json strings use them for only one meaning: to define the start and end of lists and/ror arrays, while the curly braces are for bounding json objects.

if we have to keep track of a fairly complicated and nested data structure, then we can eventually store it as a json object. it’s a good thing we have a good set of tools in thunkable for creating and navigating over json structures.

The best thing in the world would be if the Bluetooth component could receive notify data coming in on a continuous stream and not just “read” requests. So many BLE devices send continuous data via notify. Any chance in the world that will be in the development pipeline in the near future? It would open the door to creating so many more cool IOT apps and integrations! PLEASE for a Christmas request, lol. I have an amazing gaming app that works on MIT app inventor but is limited to android devices. I’ve built 90% of it on thunkable but I’m at a dead end with the BLE limitation.

1 Like