Thunkable app wins PETA Award and is featured on national radio!

Hi everyone! My name is Ayush Sanghavi, and I am 15 years old.
So an app that I originally made using MIT App Inventor and then remade in Thunkable has gained loads of media attention. It’s called Vegan Alternatives, and in a nutshell, it helps vegans, vegetarians and allergy sufferers replace the foods that they cannot eat with branded substitutes. Since original release in August 2016 and re-release in March 2017, it has won the Compassionate Teen Award from the largest animal rights charity in the world, PETA, it has been featured on BBC Radio 1, the largest radio station in England, it has been featured on the Bucks Free Press Magazine, the Vegan Outreach blog, and in VegPlanet Magazine. Most recently, it was shared to over 269,000 people on the Quorn Facebook page, and it reached 1,000 total installs!

I would love it if you guys could check it out - I’ll leave some links below:
Google Play - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.thunkable.android.ayushappsinfo.VeganAlternatives&hl=en_GB
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfk6PvaxsYM

17 Likes

Congrats & :sparkling_heart: Keep up the good work :blush::+1:

1 Like

Awesome Job!!! Keep Up The The Good Work!

1 Like

Thanks! Do you have any news as to when I’ll be able to develop it for iOS?

Thanks dude!:grinning:

1 Like

In few weeks… :blush:

Thunkable iOS is currently in alpha testing to Power Thunkers. It will be available to more users in the coming weeks.

You can sign up to be a beta tester here:

Also, keep up the amazing work! What’s your secret to success? :wink:

My secret is to make apps for what I’m passionate about probably! Haha.

1 Like

That’s excellent, congratulations! :grin:

Wow, amazing UX!

I love the way you present it on Google Play!

1 Like

WOW, Congrats :clap::clap::clap:

But I don’t think I can convert myself to veganism xD
I love meat :smile:, but maybe trying vegetarian diets some days could be an alternative :thinking:

3 Likes

Thank you! Haha veganism isn’t as hard as it seems!

1 Like

Congrats @AyushS :clap:

App is really good & will share it to all my friends.

Don’t know why people love meat.

Would like to mention here great sayings’ of Sir Isaac Bashevis Singer, Author, Nobel laureate - “When one becomes a vegetarian, it purifies the soul”.

4 Likes

Now now everyone. This is about the app… Not debating if you should be a vegetarian or not :stuck_out_tongue:

Try to stay on topic :smiley:

Right. But I am not debating. Believe that everyone has right to share their views/thoughts.:smiley:

1 Like

I agree with @Madan_Mathod

Users can share their opinion about their thoughts of the app, and if the app is about a not well known topic like vegetarian, they could give their opinions :wink:

1 Like