[Solved] My downloaded app won't open

Test app only works once launch. Then it starts crashing.
iOS 13.5.1
Iphone 11

Why it happened still?

Live app working good too.

There are still a couple of changes pending for the iOS build servers, so this fix is still very much “In Progress”. We’ll keep this topic updated when all changes go live.

Thanks @doctorsof

Thank You, Ill keep updated. Whats the ETA? I need to do an APK as soon as this gets fixed

@andrestproductions when was the last time you tried downloading your app? This should be working for Android now, I’m just waiting to hear about the iOS build servers.

Hi, I uploaded my apk today and downloaded to android. Crashing has stopped and keyboard is now operating correctly but there seams to be an issue displaying data from firebase.

Great!

Thanks!

We tested a sample app with Firebase before the upgrade, but maybe there is an issue? Can you create a new topic for this including, if possible, screenshots, a simple example app, and steps for us to reproduce this error on our end, thanks.

1 Like

i have not updated from the crashing version 203 on ios yet because it still shows variables correctly, and if device online component seem to have started back working correctly.
so once my live app close it wont open unless i reinstall and i will have to update
my app everything working correctly so the problem is how the new version live app displays the project .

Done some more testing, pleased to say all ok now with android.

1 Like

Thunkable Live iOS
Thunkable Live for iOS 13.6 is working on iPhone X
Sign in component is working correctly for me on iOS Thunkable Live.

Thunkable Live Android
The crash problem disappeared but the keyboard bug reimains there

Android Download
It stills crashing when the app is opened on Android 10
UPDATE
On second download, the app works almost perfectly on Android 10. On first launch the UI doesn’t loads well. Second launch works perfect.

iOS Download
iOS app works perfectly.

1 Like

so had to update to 205 on ios no crashing only bug is the variable display screen

1 Like

yes, this issue is now solved

@martint, @hernandezsilvaericko - thanks for confirming!!

@hernandezsilvaericko - can you confirm that you are using v206 of the companion please? This issue was solved yesterday too.

You can follow our progress on this variable issue here:

Thanks!

1 Like

I think this problem has been solved. The only thing that impresses me is that the Gifs work for iOS and not for Android. If this can be fixed, it will be great.

1 Like

Thanks @Balanced_Kitchen, @martint and @hernandezsilvaericko for confirming that the build servers are working properly again for everyone downloading iOS and Android apps. Since my own tests are also working fine I’m going to mark this topic as “solved”.

Thank you to everyone who helped out with testing and debugging calls recently, we really appreciate it.

cc. @actech @newman1994211pt @kizzy @doctorsof @hugocronyk7 @penny @VM_DEUS @Leito @vedant.kurulekar12te @ianphaas @apauaie @lilly.jaden54v @Sofia @jefmor @general @eoinparkinson @KirkVanHouten @andrestproductions

4 Likes

@domhnallohanlon,

Quick question,

To get our downloaded apps to work again, do we need to rebuild the apps so they are ready to publish?

Thanks,
Ian

2 Likes

@ianphaas if you downloaded an app earlier in the week that was crashing unexpectedly then the update to the build servers means that newly downloaded apps should no longer be crashing.

Since the fix only went out yesterday, if you downloaded your app before that you will need to download again for the update to take effect. i.e. it won’t retroactively fix any built apps that were downloaded before the fix was released.

Hope that makes sense!

1 Like

@domhnallohanlon,

Thanks, this actually works better for me as I discovered some bugs in my app I needed to fix before rolling out to the app store, so this helps me as I am able to fix them now.

All the best,
Ian

2 Likes

My bad. Keyboard bug was solved

1 Like

@domhnallohanlon tĂȘs! i Will test. Anyway, congrats for dedication!

1 Like

Perfect, working. Thanks

1 Like